No display output

Sticc
Go to solution Solved by Sticc,
30 minutes ago, Agall said:

11900kf is supposed to be PCIE 4.0, but try forcing it to 3.0. If that works, reinstall the drivers and/or swap back to see if it changes. A weird issue tbh if its working in the UEFI.

Do the lights all act normal on your 3090 when you try it as well?

Ended up figuring it out. One of the M.2 drives was dead and for some reason that was preventing video out? Odd but when I try it in a different slot the same thing happens. Removing it causes the pc to work correctly. 

Shut down the pc last night as normal. Today it has no video output. So far I have tried swapping monitors, different display port cables, swapped the 3090 for a 1080, reset cmos, and tried a single stick of ram. At this point the only other thing I can think to try is a fresh install of windows on another drive and swapping it in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A few more things. I am running windows 11 64 bit. The pc does post. motherboard screen says everything is normal and i can hear windows startup w/ optical out.

9 minutes ago, Sticc said:

A few more things. I am running windows 11 64 bit. The pc does post. motherboard screen says everything is normal and i can hear windows startup w/ optical out.

Does you system have an iGPU?

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Does you system have an iGPU?

It does not. cpu is 11900kf

15 minutes ago, Sticc said:

It does not. cpu is 11900kf

Are you able to fit the GPU in a lower 16x slot versus the primary to see if that changes anything?

6 minutes ago, Agall said:

Are you able to fit the GPU in a lower 16x slot versus the primary to see if that changes anything?

I forgot to mention that I tried that as well. Fans spin up and rgb comes on as normal but no video out

4 minutes ago, Sticc said:

I forgot to mention that I tried that as well. Fans spin up and rgb comes on as normal but no video out

11900kf is supposed to be PCIE 4.0, but try forcing it to 3.0. If that works, reinstall the drivers and/or swap back to see if it changes. A weird issue tbh if its working in the UEFI.

30 minutes ago, Agall said:

Ended up figuring it out. One of the M.2 drives was dead and for some reason that was preventing video out? Odd but when I try it in a different slot the same thing happens. Removing it causes the pc to work correctly. 

19 minutes ago, Sticc said:

Maybe it was sharing lanes with the PCIe bus causing it to short, but that should be independent from at least one of the PCIe slots and/or shouldn't have let you boot. Strange find, strange fix, good job though.