New build

argitis

Budget (including currency): 800-900

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General games (not in 4k, maybe in 2k) and a few photo editing softwares (photoshop, lightroom)

So I'm not going to swap any parts from my current build to the new one and I'll be using a 144hz monitor. Also the gpu is not included in the price range listed above. It's only for the rest of the parts.

The parts are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600x 4.7GHz 6-Core Processor. (Stock cooler).
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B650M Gaming X AX (AM5)
Memory: Kingston DDR5 32GB (2x16) PC 6000 FURY
Storage: Haven't picked that one yet but for the meantime there will be a 1 tb ssd (Crucial BX500 SSD 1TB 2.5'' SATA III) and later down the road I will upgrade to a nvme ssd.
Video Card: It will either be an 3060 ti or a 3070. It's not included in the budget for the rest of the components.
Case: Deepcool ATX Tower CG540 Black
Power Supply: BE QUIET! STRAIGHT! POWER11 CM 850W ATX24

At the time of picking those parts the price was 830€.

Any suggestions on the missing parts or thoughts on the build would be hugely appreciated.

15 minutes ago, argitis said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General games (not in 4k, maybe in 2k) and a few photo editing softwares (photoshop, lightroom)

So I'm not going to swap any parts from my current build to the new one and I'll be using a 144hz monitor. Also the gpu is not included in the price range listed above. It's only for the rest of the parts.

Storage: Haven't picked that one yet but for the meantime there will be a 1 tb ssd (Crucial BX500 SSD 1TB 2.5'' SATA III) and later down the road I will upgrade to a nvme ssd.
Video Card: It will either be an 3060 ti or a 3070. It's not included in the budget for the rest of the components.

Any suggestions on the missing parts or thoughts on the build would be hugely appreciated.

go for the 7600 since it has an inbox cooler and can probably be cooled by it. Also go for 5600mhz ram instead of 6000mhz. Just cuz its more stable. Also for boot look at the p3 plus 1tb

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

AM5 is not worth it if you aren't getting like a 4080 or 4090.  

A 5600 with a 6800xt would do you way better in every single game by a comfortable margin, and still probably cost less.

You also do not need an 850 watt PSU for a 3070 or 3060ti.  Even with a 6800xt, a good 650w or a decent 750w is plenty.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

I would try to find room in your budget for a cooler. Those chips run HOT!! Also AMD GPU's may be a better bet just for the sheer fact that they are cheaper and deliver similar performance. Something like a 7900xt or, if you wait for a little, the lower end 7000 series cards should be great as well for much cheaper. I've seen 7900xt for as low as $800 or you can go last gen and get a 6950xt at micro center for $650. Hope this helped!!

12 hours ago, argitis said:

Agree with @Queen ChrysalisAM5 is not worth it unless your going next gen GPU too. Go with a 5600 (non x there is no difference) and a 6800xt. Look for used parts too you can save quite a bit of money going used and potentially get better parts.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Just buy a new storage device and a new Power Supply.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into the build and try to figure it out.