Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master Vs X670E Aorus Xtreme

Hi All,

I am currently able to get a Gigabyte X670E Aorus Xtreme (Open Box) for the same price as a Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master (Brand New)

Is there a specific benefit to going with the X670E Aorus Xtreme other than the main fact that all M.2 slots support Gen 5 at the cost of lanes from the GPU?

Just now, sumsulk said:

Hi All,

I am currently able to get a Gigabyte X670E Aorus Xtreme (Open Box) for the same price as a Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master (Brand New)

Is there a specific benefit to going with the X670E Aorus Xtreme other than the main fact that all M.2 slots support Gen 5 at the cost of lanes from the GPU?

Only if its the same price even if its 100 more then no. But if they're the same price then why not

image.png.951904693c618485f527bba9112f9e46.png

image.png.da1993d8c563422af14dd2babd29c7f1.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

Only if its the same price even if its 100 more then no. But if they're the same price then why not

image.png.951904693c618485f527bba9112f9e46.png

image.png.da1993d8c563422af14dd2babd29c7f1.png

Pretty much the exact same price, just the open box vs new factor, which is something that I don't really care about as long as it functions as intended

Just now, sumsulk said:

Pretty much the exact same price, just the open box vs new factor, which is something that I don't really care about as long as it functions as intended

are you getting warranty or can u pay a bit more for warranty?

Current parts list

20 minutes ago, sumsulk said:

Hi All,

I went with the x670e master over the extreme, didn't really see anything worth spending +$200 more for. Personally, I'd never buy an open box product like a motherboard, way too many things to go wrong to trust someone to not only return it in good condition but for it to be fully validated comparable to a factory's testing.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

16 minutes ago, filpo said:

are you getting warranty or can u pay a bit more for warranty?

I can get additional warranty or it's the default Gigabyte Warranty

Just now, sumsulk said:

I can get additional warranty or it's the default Gigabyte Warranty

if there's already warranty included then get that one

Current parts list

6 hours ago, Agall said:

I went with the x670e master over the extreme, didn't really see anything worth spending +$200 more for. Personally, I'd never buy an open box product like a motherboard, way too many things to go wrong to trust someone to not only return it in good condition but for it to be fully validated comparable to a factory's testing.

So I went to the store today and inspected the open box X670E Xtreme motherboard and sure enough it was missing the mounting screws, a bent pin on the RGB header. Decided to buy the brand new X670E Master instead

14 hours ago, sumsulk said:

So I went to the store today and inspected the open box X670E Xtreme motherboard and sure enough it was missing the mounting screws, a bent pin on the RGB header. Decided to buy the brand new X670E Master instead

So far its a great board. If you end up having to fight with the UEFI to push a firmware update, I ended up having to do the q-flash system designed to be done without a CPU to get it to read the file. Otherwise both the shell and UEFI options couldn't read the file I was giving it.

13 hours ago, Agall said:

So far its a great board. If you end up having to fight with the UEFI to push a firmware update, I ended up having to do the q-flash system designed to be done without a CPU to get it to read the file. Otherwise both the shell and UEFI options couldn't read the file I was giving it.

No issues on updating the BIOS, booted up just fine (took a bit of time though, but that's expected of Ryzen 7000 from what I've heard). Only issue I'm facing is with the iGPU enabled steam takes a while to open up from the shortcut placed on the desktop, even though it's running on the background. I'm guessing this is more of an AMD GPU Driver bug, as I've seen multiple people on steam forums comment on it. 

10 hours ago, sumsulk said:

No issues on updating the BIOS, booted up just fine (took a bit of time though, but that's expected of Ryzen 7000 from what I've heard). Only issue I'm facing is with the iGPU enabled steam takes a while to open up from the shortcut placed on the desktop, even though it's running on the background. I'm guessing this is more of an AMD GPU Driver bug, as I've seen multiple people on steam forums comment on it. 

Don't think I saw what CPU and GPU you had, but one thing I'd recommend setting if its Nvidia is to 'high performance' mode in the Nvidia Control Panel. As long as its not a 7950x3D/7900x3D, using the 'maximum performance' power plan mode as well. Might be able to find 'prefer Nvidia/discrete' in the Nvidia Control Panel as well (that setting is usually in laptops and I'm not home to verify).

The iGPU should be practically useless. You can also force it disabled in the firmware and/or disable it in device manager. I've played around with that on my 7950x3D since hwmonitor likely falsely reports that it's its hitting 60W. One of those scenarios where if you need to actually use it, a CMOS reset should make it usable again.

4 hours ago, Agall said:

Don't think I saw what CPU and GPU you had, but one thing I'd recommend setting if its Nvidia is to 'high performance' mode in the Nvidia Control Panel. As long as its not a 7950x3D/7900x3D, using the 'maximum performance' power plan mode as well. Might be able to find 'prefer Nvidia/discrete' in the Nvidia Control Panel as well (that setting is usually in laptops and I'm not home to verify).

The iGPU should be practically useless. You can also force it disabled in the firmware and/or disable it in device manager. I've played around with that on my 7950x3D since hwmonitor likely falsely reports that it's its hitting 60W. One of those scenarios where if you need to actually use it, a CMOS reset should make it usable again.

Sorry I didn't mention that before, It's a 7950X and 4090. The prefer Nvidia/discrete option does not appear for me, like you mentioned that's more of a laptop feature only I think. If the iGPU serves no benefit for day to day use, I might as well just disable that. 

5 minutes ago, sumsulk said:

Sorry I didn't mention that before, It's a 7950X and 4090. The prefer Nvidia/discrete option does not appear for me, like you mentioned that's more of a laptop feature only I think. If the iGPU serves no benefit for day to day use, I might as well just disable that. 

I'd start with just disabling it in device manager, restarting, then seeing if you still have problems. Otherwise disabling it in the firmware is the next step so that if you do end up needing it for some reason, you don't have to worry about windows ignoring it and its a CMOS clear away from working.

54 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'd start with just disabling it in device manager, restarting, then seeing if you still have problems. Otherwise disabling it in the firmware is the next step so that if you do end up needing it for some reason, you don't have to worry about windows ignoring it and its a CMOS clear away from working.

Disabling it in the device manager works