Upgrading to Ryzen 7 5700x

Rumman

My current CPU (3600x) is causing stuttering in games (bottlenecks) with Rx 6600xt. Will it be a wipeable decision to jump up to R7 5700x with $245?

10 minutes ago, Rumman said:

My current CPU (3600x) is causing stuttering in games (bottlenecks) with Rx 6600xt. Will it be a wipeable decision to jump up to R7 5700x with $245?

it might be your mobo thats causing stuttering because 3600x is still a good cpu to pair with 3600x. What mobo do you have? Getting a better cpu might not neccesarily fix the problem

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, filpo said:

it might be your mobo thats causing stuttering because 3600x is still a good cpu to pair with 3600x. What mobo do you have? Getting a better cpu might not neccesarily fix the problem

Gigabyte B450M S2H.

2 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Gigabyte B450M S2H.

You may want to upgrade the motherboard too, if possible. This way if the motherboard is also causing problems, you potentially eliminate any issues there as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4r3yY9

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 minute ago, GeorgeMKane said:

You may want to upgrade the motherboard too, if possible. This way if the motherboard is also causing problems, you potentially eliminate any issues there as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4r3yY9

6 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Gigabyte B450M S2H.

you can also get pcie gen 4 for ssd and gpu if you can

Current parts list

6 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Gigabyte B450M S2H.

Also what RAM do you have, Speed, CL, and DOCP Profile on of off?

Slow RAM or not having the DOCP turned on can also be a factor.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

Actually also running 2 sticks of 8 GB total 16gb of RAM. But one is 2400mhz and one 3200mhz. I overclock the 2400 one to 3200mhz but know its increasing CAS latency to 22.

And just now I face a system crush and reboot without any reason. Just one a brunch of Chrome tabs. Attaching the events log file and snap shot. 

image.png

Restart.evtx

4 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Actually also running 2 sticks of 8 GB total 16gb of RAM. But one is 2400mhz and one 3200mhz. I overclock the 2400 one to 3200mhz but know its increasing CAS latency to 22.

that might be part of the problem, RAM with different timings aren't recommended to use together

Current parts list

1 minute ago, Rumman said:

And just now I face a system crush and reboot without any reason. Just one a brunch of Chrome tabs. Attaching the events log file and snap shot. 

image.png

Restart.evtx 68 kB · 0 downloads

1 minute ago, filpo said:

that might be part of the problem, RAM with different timings aren't recommended to use together

ye defo ram then. try with the one stick of normal 3200

Current parts list

1 minute ago, Rumman said:

image.png

Restart.evtx 68 kB · 0 downloads

You problems look like they are CPU, Mobo, & RAM. I know that the R5 3600 & R5 3600x are immensely failing chips. If you watch Greg Salazar on YouTube his "Fix or Flop" series has handfuls of videos related to those CPUs and how they just seem to be failing for no reason.

I highly recommend building a new PC. I have a list for you below and you can omit the parts that you don't need from it but everything I put together has a reason to be there. I have 30 years experience building PCs so I really know what I'm doing. I've never has a system fail yet that wasn't my doing but a Manufacturers error. If you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zLW4cb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($183.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($40.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Deepcool CH510 MESH DIGITAL ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: upHere 6-Pack 120mm Silent Intelligent Control Addressable RGB Fan Adjustable Colorful Fans Controller Remote  ($32.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $924.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

7 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

You problems look like they are CPU, Mobo, & RAM. I know that the R5 3600 & R5 3600x are immensely failing chips. If you watch Greg Salazar on YouTube his "Fix or Flop" series has handfuls of videos related to those CPUs and how they just seem to be failing for no reason.

I highly recommend building a new PC. I have a list for you below and you can omit the parts that you don't need from it but everything I put together has a reason to be there. I have 30 years experience building PCs so I really know what I'm doing. I've never has a system fail yet that wasn't my doing but a Manufacturers error. If you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zLW4cb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($183.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($40.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Deepcool CH510 MESH DIGITAL ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: upHere 6-Pack 120mm Silent Intelligent Control Addressable RGB Fan Adjustable Colorful Fans Controller Remote  ($32.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $924.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I have heard that on his Youtube channel but found most record regarding 3600 non x version. You lead me to another thoughts. Now I feel, I should think about CPU changing.

10 minutes ago, Rumman said:

I have heard that on his Youtube channel but found most record regarding 3600 non x version. You lead me to another thoughts. Now I feel, I should think about CPU changing.

The Mobo you have is NOT a gaming board, its more of a really bottom barrel item and I would only ever consider using it in like a office or home PC that does no gaming whatsoever.

I would really follow the list I made. It really is in your best interest.

3 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

The Mobo you have is NOT a gaming board, its more of a really bottom barrel item and I would only ever consider using it in like a office or home PC that does no gaming whatsoever.

I would really follow the list I made. It really is in your best interest.

Probably, can change one item at a time. Maybe CPU 1st.

17 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Probably, can change one item at a time. Maybe CPU 1st.

I would do the Mobo 1st. You don't want to put a high end CPU in that Mobo that you already have. Also when you get the new Mobo be sure to update the BIOS right away.

Your CPU is NOT bottlenecking your 6600xt

And I doubt your Mobo is either. (like the fuck is a "gaming board" its not a thing its a made up marketing word with no meaning other then RGB)

People in this forum need to pause before recommending people spend money on a problem that is likely not the hardwares fault. 

Dont part cannon other peoples money. 

Ram with different timing will just default to the lower timing. Try not running it at 3200MT/s you dont need it that fast. You can try some other JDEC/XMP profile that is like 2933MT/s or 2667MT/s, or worst case, the 2400MT/s JDEC standard. 

also make sure everything with your OS is in order and do a clean driver install. Some piece of software in the background may be the reason for the stutters so a clean OS install might help. It could just be limited to your specific game having issues in general. 

3 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

i hate how brutally true this is but honestly for 5700X is fine. I wouldnt go beyond 95W on the board, which wouldve covered most AM4 CPUs. Although...

3 hours ago, starsmine said:

Your CPU is NOT bottlenecking your 6600xt

And I doubt your Mobo is either. (like the fuck is a "gaming board" its not a thing its a made up marketing word with no meaning other then RGB)

People in this forum need to pause before recommending people spend money on a problem that is likely not the hardwares fault. 

Dont part cannon other peoples money. 

Ram with different timing will just default to the lower timing. Try not running it at 3200MT/s you dont need it that fast. You can try some other JDEC/XMP profile that is like 2933MT/s or 2667MT/s, or worst case, the 2400MT/s JDEC standard. 

also make sure everything with your OS is in order and do a clean driver install. Some piece of software in the background may be the reason for the stutters so a clean OS install might help. It could just be limited to your specific game having issues in general. 

FAT +1. I would try to just tweak the ram and force both to run at the same 3200 speed with C18-19 atleast, at 1.4-1.45V to see if thats stable. CL22 is already unacceptably high for even Intel system and that issue is exacerbated on Zen that heavily relies on low CL memories to keep its Infinity Fabric fed.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.