Windows 11 - Power reset during gaming

Hello dear LTT forum,

I assembled a PC about 3 months ago.
It ran relatively well and stable at the beginning.
For about a month or so the entire pc keeps crashing when I'm in a game for a long time. However, it is varies, because on some days it goes without a crash and other times it crashes multiple times a day.
The crash doesn't cause a blue screen or anything like that, it looks like someone held down the power button and shut down the PC that way.

I then looked in the Event Viewer to be able to understand what was happening.

The event log says:
The previous system shutdown at 22:45:18 on 03/23/2023 was unexpected.

Unfortunately there is no other error or critical in time. It's also kinda weird that the crash time is about ~15min before the actual crash. (In the example, the PC actually only crashed at 11:00 p.m. and not at 10:45 p.m. as stated.
I read in another forum that the attached log file might be helpful. (msinfo32)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7600X
CPU Cooler: Pure Rock 2
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000
SSD: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280
GPU: AMD / MSI
MECH 2X RX 6700 XT 12GB
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 850W
Windows 11:  Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1413)

What I have already tried:

• Reconnecting the power supply
  • Changing the socket
  • Windows updates
  • Closing unnecessary startup processes
  • System Config and disable startup services
  • Windows Defender Quick Scan
  • Scan (File Integrity) of the video games
  • Switching my Power Supply (to a Corsair RM750e)
  • Updating the Bios
  • Running a memtest86 (no failed test or errors)
  • Enable EXPO (I had it disabled previously)

Thank you very much and I am happy to answer any follow-up questions^^

LG
Bomber

crash.nfo

The way that this crash is happening sounds a lot like a power issue of some sort, but one thing you could try is putting the RAM in the other two ram slots? I have a friend with a motherboard that crashes with all 4 ram slots populated so he only uses two of the slots. I suspect that problem was due to one of the ram slots not working properly (theyve since got a new motherboard to rectify the problem)
Do you want to check what your CPU temps are? It could be possible you dont have proper heatsink pressure and one core is getting really hot and just crashing the whole system.

Does it only crash during heavy load? Have you tried leaving your computer on for a long time without intensive load (maybe just a bunch of chrome tabs open, nothing CPU intensive) to see if it crashes?

On 3/27/2023 at 8:09 PM, Mayday793 said:

but one thing you could try is putting the RAM in the other two ram slots?

Hey, thanks for your reply. I have tried this and it actually doesn't even boot up at all anymore. The Parts bootup but the Monitor never shows anything. Putting the RAM Sticks back to Slot 2 & 4 works however. So my guess is that the Motherboard actually might be broken if that is correct.

Do you want to check what your CPU temps are? It could be possible you dont have proper heatsink pressure and one core is getting really hot and just crashing the whole system.

I have checked them too recently but the PC only crashes even if it is at a relatively low temprature ingame (~75°C).

Does it only crash during heavy load? Have you tried leaving your computer on for a long time without intensive load (maybe just a bunch of chrome tabs open, nothing CPU intensive) to see if it crashes?

Yes, while not leaving completely idle I use my PC alot even under very low load. And it has only ever crashed midgame

My best guess would be the motherboard then. You could try buying a replacement motherboard somewhere (new), and try that out. If you find that's the solution i would try to get your money back for the first motherboard. There's so many things going on with a motherboard it would not be a surprise that its the source of the problem