Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year?

kacper6768

Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year? Will Windows 12 support native Android APK app launch without having to install emulators like LDPlayer? Would it be possible to install Windows 12 on 5-year-old computers and would Windows 10 drivers match Windows 12? Drivers are no longer being released for 5 or 10 year old computers. In addition to requiring newer processors and motherboards, will Windows 12 have higher minimum RAM requirements or the need for SSD or NVRAM? Can it be more overloaded than Windows 10 that the HDD would muddy so much that using it on slow disks would be so slow that it would be impossible? Windows 10 can be used on the HDD disk when unnecessary background services are turned off. What news will Windows 12 bring? Will it have DirectX13 built in? On a 5-year-old or 10-year-old computer, it doesn't matter, but for those who have the latest equipment and like to play the latest games, it is very important information. In Windows, I don't like the idea that when logging on to the desktop, Microsoft employees had the idea that it was necessary to connect to the Internet, i.e. if someone has problems with coverage, they could not log on to the desktop. Fortunately, even in the latest Windows 11, they did not implement it.

5 minutes ago, kacper6768 said:

Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year? Will Windows 12 support native Android APK app launch without having to install emulators like LDPlayer? Would it be possible to install Windows 12 on 5-year-old computers and would Windows 10 drivers match Windows 12? Drivers are no longer being released for 5 or 10 year old computers. In addition to requiring newer processors and motherboards, will Windows 12 have higher minimum RAM requirements or the need for SSD or NVRAM? Can it be more overloaded than Windows 10 that the HDD would muddy so much that using it on slow disks would be so slow that it would be impossible? Windows 10 can be used on the HDD disk when unnecessary background services are turned off. What news will Windows 12 bring? Will it have DirectX13 built in? On a 5-year-old or 10-year-old computer, it doesn't matter, but for those who have the latest equipment and like to play the latest games, it is very important information. In Windows, I don't like the idea that when logging on to the desktop, Microsoft employees had the idea that it was necessary to connect to the Internet, i.e. if someone has problems with coverage, they could not log on to the desktop. Fortunately, even in the latest Windows 11, they did not implement it.

maybe

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

4 hours ago, kacper6768 said:

Is it true that Windows 12 will be released next year?

Maybe. We don't know Microsoft plans; no official announcement was ever done.

All we know is that Microsoft TARGETS a 3-year version release like traditionally, based on off company internal statements. No official statement was said.

Will Windows 12 support native Android APK app launch without having to install emulators like LDPlayer?

We don't know if Microsoft will axe Android app support. Considering that it uses the same technology of WSL, and Microsoft have been actively updating Android with security updates and release version in a timely manner, it doesn't seem like there is any indication that this feature is being cut out. Not to mention other improvements done to the technology. However, if you are interested in this feature, you can use it under Windows 11 and help the metrics shows that there is interest in it.

Would it be possible to install Windows 12 on 5-year-old computers

We don't know the system requirements of Windows 12. However, there is a good chance that Windows 11 ready systems, is compatible with Windows 12.  If I were to guess, there are chances that some older CPUs might be out of support, such as the select 7th gen Intel CPUs, and perhaps 8th gen CPU. This won't necessarily mean you won't be able to run Windows 12 on such CPUs, but it means that Microsoft is not guaranteeing any support with them. Microsoft has always shifted CPU support over time. Including 8.x and 10. Windows 7 too to some extent, with the drop of support off all CPUs that doesn't support SSE2.

and would Windows 10 drivers match Windows 12?

I have not heard of any new driver model being worked on, so far. So, there is a good chance. However, if your system is not Windows 11 compliant, it won't be Windows 12.

Drivers are no longer being released for 5 or 10 year old computers.

So that means your system is not supported, and you should not expect Windows 12 to run properly or at all, with your hardware.

In addition to requiring newer processors and motherboards, will Windows 12 have higher minimum RAM requirements or the need for SSD or NVRAM?

Windows 11 already requires that the main drive is an SSD (or eMMC) in order for OEMs to sale a computer with Windows 11. This can't be enforced for DIY system builder, but considering how the OS is optimized for SSD's, it would be wise to ensure your system has one. Even Windows 10 has transitioned to be SSD optimized over the years.

Can it be more overloaded than Windows 10 that the HDD would muddy so much that using it on slow disks would be so slow that it would be impossible?

You should not be using an HDD on a system. An HDD is a serious bottleneck for a Core 2 Duo, affecting the overall system experience. So, image today or even your 10 year old system.

Windows 10 can be used on the HDD disk when unnecessary background services are turned off.

Every service is necessary. Breaking the experience of the OS to make it run on an incompatible system is not what is classed as "can be used" beyond its technical 

What news will Windows 12 bring?

News? I guess MSN News.

Will it have DirectX13 built in?

Microsoft has not revealed anything related to newer version of DirectX.

On a 5-year-old or 10-year-old computer, it doesn't matter, but for those who have the latest equipment and like to play the latest games, it is very important information.

When DirectX 11 was released, we started to have actual DirectX10 games (and I don't mean some visual effect in some specific room or whatever in the game that uses its new abilities). Today, we are still waiting for Direct Storage made games. Games takes multiple years to make, and so is always behind of the available technologies, and typically early games using the new technology is pretty terrible as dev are learning how it works, getting hands on experience to know how to better design game engine later one. It's like game console games, early games are never as visually impressive as the latest games at the end of the console life.

In Windows, I don't like the idea that when logging on to the desktop, Microsoft employees had the idea that it was necessary to connect to the Internet, i.e. if someone has problems with coverage, they could not log on to the desktop. Fortunately, even in the latest Windows 11, they did not implement it.

The login info is cached. In fact, it doesn't even touch the internet to check if your password is valid until you enter a wrong password, where it assumes that your password is valid, but got updated. Microsoft has perfectly thought is through.