Anyone able to help me find a similar case to one I’m looking for?

Metaformed

I’m currently on the hunt. I’ve really wanted the Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow, but I was looking for something I could like get new. Anyone know of anything out now that’s of a similar aesthetic. 

thanks y’all. 

how about the Sharkoon Elite Shark CA700 or are you looking for cheaper replacements?

I have never seen a case in my life that I was so viscerally split on internally. On the one hand, I love the modular look and "2001: A Space Odyssey" feel of the front of the case. On the other hand, it looks completely ridiculous and, frankly, the plastic and general build quality looks cheap. I don't even know what to make of the front-IO panel thing on the side. I can't decide if I like the boldness of it, or if it's obnoxious.

I can see why you want a case like this - it is very unique. I've genuinely never seen anything like it. Sadly, I've never seen anything like it, so I'm not sure where to look.

Are there particular aspects of the case that you like? Certain parts of the aesthetic that we could hone in on?

46 minutes ago, Apfelholz said:

how about the Sharkoon Elite Shark CA700 or are you looking for cheaper replacements?

Price of that one isn’t much of an issue but something about the glass being raised and the shape doesn’t satisfy my brain if that makes sense.

I really like the traditional cube shape of the level 10 just with the little sticking outs. 

I think possibly I’d prefer something without windows or small panels as I never really care about interiors looking too good. Which I realize is hard to find nowadays

2 minutes ago, Metaformed said:

Price of that one isn’t much of an issue but something about the glass being raised and the shape doesn’t satisfy my brain if that makes sense.

I really like the traditional cube shape of the level 10 just with the little sticking outs. 

I think possibly I’d prefer something without windows or small panels as I never really care about interiors looking too good. Which I realize is hard to find nowadays

ok then I have no idea

52 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I have never seen a case in my life that I was so viscerally split on internally. On the one hand, I love the modular look and "2001: A Space Odyssey" feel of the front of the case. On the other hand, it looks completely ridiculous and, frankly, the plastic and general build quality looks cheap. I don't even know what to make of the front-IO panel thing on the side. I can't decide if I like the boldness of it, or if it's obnoxious.

I can see why you want a case like this - it is very unique. I've genuinely never seen anything like it. Sadly, I've never seen anything like it, so I'm not sure where to look.

Are there particular aspects of the case that you like? Certain parts of the aesthetic that we could hone in on?

I think for me it’s the sorta 4 sections of it. Like you look at it and it’s like 4 boxes combined. I kinda love the hot swappable bays and the curves of how they look, and the long rail/handle going around it looking like a stand it’s mounted too almost. I love the whole front “panel” or panels I suppose.

honestly if I could just find a R2D2 case it’d be perfect haha

i might have to be on a hunt for a used one or if I’m lucky a box of a new one someone has sitting around.

12 minutes ago, Metaformed said:

I think for me it’s the sorta 4 sections of it. Like you look at it and it’s like 4 boxes combined. I kinda love the hot swappable bays and the curves of how they look, and the long rail/handle going around it looking like a stand it’s mounted too almost. I love the whole front “panel” or panels I suppose.

honestly if I could just find a R2D2 case it’d be perfect haha

i might have to be on a hunt for a used one or if I’m lucky a box of a new one someone has sitting around.

If you're in the US, there are some on eBay, although they're pretty pricey. The cheapest ones are a couple with local pickup - one in Redwood City, California ($245) and the other in Pontiac, Michigan ($300). The only white one that's on sale with shipping costs $480 after shipping is included, before tax.

You could try your luck on OfferUp/Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist, but this is a very niche item. It would probably take a long time to find someone close by you who happens to be selling one.

The closest things I've managed to find in appearance that are still sold are the Phanteks Enthoo Primo and Thermaltake AH T600 - but neither quite gives off the same vibe.

I asked the new Bing chat for help, and the best it could find were the Corsair Crystal 280X and Fractal Design Node 804 - which are both much smaller, but do have a vaguely similar aesthetic in some ways. It found some other options as well, but they're also all older cases long since out of stock new.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

I asked the new Bing chat for help, and the best it could find were the Corsair Crystal 280X and Fractal Design Node 804 - which are both much smaller, but do have a vaguely similar aesthetic in some ways. It found some other options as well, but they're also all older cases long since out of stock new.

The crystal does kinda satisfy the itch but it still isn’t the exact same vibe like you said in your other post. - might have to end up making some B/S/T posts around looking for it.

Thanks for the help 🙂