Best ATX AM4 motherboard with integrated I/O shield

Go to solution Solved by Beerzerker,
On 3/25/2023 at 5:12 PM, Llama123 said:

Are there any others that you'd recommend?

If you can stretch your budget a little more you can get a decent X570 board.

BTW note that I selected ones that are sold by Newegg, not those from "Other" vendors they have which are higher priced so if you shop Newegg, always choose the "Sold By Newegg" option  and only that option for the best prices.
If you have another vendor in mind, that's OK too but I'm posting these as reference to what's available and for a price range you can work with for making a choice.

If you happen to like Gigabyte, Newegg has one that's right around the budget you have for one now.

GIGABYTE X570S AORUS ELITE AX AMD Ryzen 3000 PCIe 4.0 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 AMD X570S ATX Motherboard - Newegg.com

For a bit more there are some decent choices too like this one:
MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

One model I'd want for myself would be this one and since I have the older verison of it (X570 MEG ACE) I know it's good since it has a good VRM setup:
MSI MEG X570 UNIFY AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

Understand, I "get it" when it comes down to a budget because I've been there before but at the same time I also understand about buyer's remorse because once you get it, it's yours and everything that comes with it too, good or bad.
It's like if you had only bothered to save a few extra bucks for something better AFTER you bought what you've got - Yep, been there myself.

However.... If your budget is set in stone then the Gigabyte should be fine and you'd get all the extra features/benefits the X570 chipset offers over a B550 chipset.
Get the best you can, if you can and you won't regret it. 

Budget: under £150/$190 US

It will be used with an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU and Crucial P3 M.2 storage

I'm currently considering the Aorus B550 Elite V2

Thanks

Edited by Llama123
Budget change

41 minutes ago, Llama123 said:

Budget: under £150/$190 US

It will be used with an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU and Crucial P3 M.2 storage

I'm currently considering the Aorus B550 Elite V2

Thanks

Perfectly good choice imo 🙂 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 3/25/2023 at 5:12 PM, Llama123 said:

If you can stretch your budget a little more you can get a decent X570 board.

BTW note that I selected ones that are sold by Newegg, not those from "Other" vendors they have which are higher priced so if you shop Newegg, always choose the "Sold By Newegg" option  and only that option for the best prices.
If you have another vendor in mind, that's OK too but I'm posting these as reference to what's available and for a price range you can work with for making a choice.

If you happen to like Gigabyte, Newegg has one that's right around the budget you have for one now.

GIGABYTE X570S AORUS ELITE AX AMD Ryzen 3000 PCIe 4.0 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 AMD X570S ATX Motherboard - Newegg.com

For a bit more there are some decent choices too like this one:
MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

One model I'd want for myself would be this one and since I have the older verison of it (X570 MEG ACE) I know it's good since it has a good VRM setup:
MSI MEG X570 UNIFY AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

Understand, I "get it" when it comes down to a budget because I've been there before but at the same time I also understand about buyer's remorse because once you get it, it's yours and everything that comes with it too, good or bad.
It's like if you had only bothered to save a few extra bucks for something better AFTER you bought what you've got - Yep, been there myself.

However.... If your budget is set in stone then the Gigabyte should be fine and you'd get all the extra features/benefits the X570 chipset offers over a B550 chipset.
Get the best you can, if you can and you won't regret it. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.