Green H440 Special Edition "The Riddler" - Completed

_TechPuppet_

Really looking forward to seeing it all come together!

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Really looking forward to seeing it all come together!

Thank you :D

I'm real excited to get this watercooling going.

Pretty much know what color I will be going with for the coolant but still haven't fully decided.

My hands are itching to put it all together but I still have a little bit to go until I can start.

Getting my Rads soon, and can't wait to take pics.

I know when the watercooling is done, once I have the case painted it will look sweet. B)

I would go with purple coolant mainly to balance the amount of purple to green.  

When I first saw this build taking off, I thought I wouldn't like the colors together

and now that it's at this stage it looks great! As for paining the case purple and

doing green coolant, it could work.  I think the purple and black wouldn't have

enough of a contrast to look that good. 

Forgot to ask, Do you think purple coolant with purple fittings would be too much? Or Having the green coolant with purple fittings balance it out better?

Because I like the purple coolant and think it would be different, most people don't do purple, but I'm not sure if it will overwhelm it or not. What do you think?

I'm going with Mayhems Pastel Coolant.

You should go purple coolant (personal opinion) <---- Purple Lover

Should I make it a shampoo look or just the solid color or more of a clearish liquid with the color?

A clearer liquid whit the purple colour but the colour needs to be easly visible .

No No No

A clearer liquid whit the purple colour but the colour needs to be easly visible .

I was thinking the same.

I'm getting kinda tired of the shampoo look. I think it's over done.

Forgot to ask, Do you think purple coolant with purple fittings would be too much? Or Having the green coolant with purple fittings balance it out better?

Because I like the purple coolant and think it would be different, most people don't do purple, but I'm not sure if it will overwhelm it or not. What do you think?

I'm going with Mayhems Pastel Coolant.

I would go with purple due to the fact that  the green 

color would overwhelm the purple.  If you can 

somehow match the purple to the rest of the purple in

the build, that would probably look better.  If the purple

didn't match the fittings, the change in shades of purple

would look weird.  If you can keep the tubing runs clean

purple would look better IMHO

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I would go with purple due to the fact that  the green 

color would overwhelm the purple.  If you can 

somehow match the purple to the rest of the purple in

the build, that would probably look better.  If the purple

didn't match the fittings, the change in shades of purple

would look weird.  If you can keep the tubing runs clean

purple would look better IMHO

I was thinking about that, matching the purple is going to be hard.

I was thinking about that, matching the purple is going to be hard.

Snef does his color matching well, you could probably ask him for some tips?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Snef does his color matching well, you could probably ask him for some tips?

Thanks, I'll keep him in mind.

I'll try myself at first to see, I like a challenge, and see if I can do it.

If I have too much trouble with it, I wouldn't mind asking for his advice.

I'm pretty good at color matching but the purple is a little tricky. Having experience in art for 12 yrs might help me ;)

Why don't you sew the cables instead of using the combs? It would look a lot better imo...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Why don't you sew the cables instead of using the combs? It would look a lot better imo...

Actually, I could sew them if I wanted too (I've actually done so), I work for Riptide Sleeving and have done a few sewing jobs-I find it fun. I just prefer not to do it in my own build. I just don't feel it suits my build well. Right now I am actually just using the cable combs to train my cables. Once they've been in there awhile I'll take them out and the cables will stay that way. But I do like the idea of sewing them, but it just didn't look right when I did it. Tried black string, green then purple and it just didn't suit it. :/

But thank you for the idea. Perhaps I will try again and post pics, see what you guys think.

Actually, I could sew them if I wanted too (I've actually done so), I work for Riptide Sleeving and have done a few sewing jobs-I find it fun. I just prefer not to do it in my own build. I just don't feel it suits my build well. Right now I am actually just using the cable combs to train my cables. Once they've been in there awhile I'll take them out and the cables will stay that way. But I do like the idea of sewing them, but it just didn't look right when I did it. Tried black string, green then purple and it just didn't suit it. :/

But thank you for the idea. Perhaps I will try again and post pics, see what you guys think.

Removing the combs sounds like it will work :) I used extremely thin white thread to sew my cables, and it became invisible since they are white sleeved cables...but I think this won't work for you since you have two colours in your cables...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Removing the combs sounds like it will work :) I used extremely thin white thread to sew my cables, and it became invisible since they are white sleeved cables...but I think this won't work for you since you have two colours in your cables...

Exactly the two tone made it complicated. The green string looked the best because there are more green cables, but when you looked at the purple you saw a green line through it :/

Exactly the two tone made it complicated. The green string looked the best because there are more green cables, but when you looked at the purple you saw a green line through it :/

Yup...

Thats too bad...

Cant wait to see them with the combs out :D

Spoiler

Yup...

Thats too bad...

Cant wait to see them with the combs out :D

I know, I'm excited to see the clean cables without the combs. I'll takes lots of pics :D