how to make my displays turn on with pc wake

Idkwhattodowithmylife
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

Are you powering them off when you put the computer to sleep? If you let them go into power save mode on their own, they'll wake back up when they get a signal. (They'll barely draw a watt or two when they're sleeping.)

If you absolutely want them to hard power off when the PC goes to sleep, then come back on when the PC wakes up, you'll need additional hardware. There are smart power strips and UPSes that can turn a bank of outlets on and off depending on the load connected to a "master" outlet. Plug your PC into the master outlet, then plug your monitors into these controlled outlets. Make sure they're set to power up as soon as they're plugged in. When it's sleeping, your PC won't draw enough power on the master outlet for the strip/UPS to keep the controlled outlets switched on. That will save you the one watt a sleeping monitor will use, but don't buy a smart strip just for this because you'll never save enough electricity to offset the cost.

by not turning them off? they should go in standby when you turn off your computer.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

by not turning them off? they should go in standby when you turn off your computer.

wouldnt that use quite a bit of power though?

Are you powering them off when you put the computer to sleep? If you let them go into power save mode on their own, they'll wake back up when they get a signal. (They'll barely draw a watt or two when they're sleeping.)

If you absolutely want them to hard power off when the PC goes to sleep, then come back on when the PC wakes up, you'll need additional hardware. There are smart power strips and UPSes that can turn a bank of outlets on and off depending on the load connected to a "master" outlet. Plug your PC into the master outlet, then plug your monitors into these controlled outlets. Make sure they're set to power up as soon as they're plugged in. When it's sleeping, your PC won't draw enough power on the master outlet for the strip/UPS to keep the controlled outlets switched on. That will save you the one watt a sleeping monitor will use, but don't buy a smart strip just for this because you'll never save enough electricity to offset the cost.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

wouldnt that use quite a bit of power though?

depends on what you call "quite a bit of power". the standby power on most devices is like half a watt or so. ofcourse that adds up, but there's a lot of power draw in a house that adds up.

3 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

There are smart power strips and UPSes that can turn a bank of outlets on and off depending on the load connected to a "master" outlet.

i doubt those save much power compared to the standby power draw of a monitor though...

Just now, manikyath said:

i doubt those save much power compared to the standby power draw of a monitor though...

I know. F5 the page, I edited my post. 😛

I sold my soul for ProSupport.