International warranty on GPUs ?

Azowel

Hi !

RTX 40xx are so expansive ... I'm currently in the USA for 4 months and RTX 4070 Ti are 100$ cheaper than in Europe, that's why I want to buy one here and bring it back to Europe, but if I have an issue on my gpu I do not want to lose 800$ ... Do you know if there are some brands that have an international warranty on RTX 4070 Ti ?

3 minutes ago, Azowel said:

Do you know if there are some brands that have an international warranty on RTX 4070 Ti ?

I have had experience  with that, XFX wanted me to pay $100 to ship it to them

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

8 minutes ago, Azowel said:

Hi !

RTX 40xx are so expansive ... I'm currently in the USA for 4 months and RTX 4070 Ti are 100$ cheaper than in Europe, that's why I want to buy one here and bring it back to Europe, but if I have an issue on my gpu I do not want to lose 800$ ... Do you know if there are some brands that have an international warranty on RTX 4070 Ti ?

Dunno, I'd personally stick with European pricing in return for EU customer protection (also, you might end up getting caught in Customs and have to pay import tax). 

Dunno which country you are from, so can't say anything for certain, but at least in Denmark, you just have to deal with the retailer, and they in return have to deal with AIB. 

Like, Gigabyte have had some bad episodes with their PSUs, but if you just have to deal with the retailer, it's not your headache that Gigabyte are like drawing water from a stone. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

13 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I have had experience  with that, XFX wanted me to pay $100 to ship it to them

6 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Dunno, I'd personally stick with European pricing in return for EU customer protection (also, you might end up getting caught in Customs and have to pay import tax). 

Dunno which country you are from, so can't say anything for certain, but at least in Denmark, you just have to deal with the retailer, and they in return have to deal with AIB. 

Like, Gigabyte have had some bad episodes with their PSUs, but if you just have to deal with the retailer, it's not your headache that Gigabyte are like drawing water from a stone. 

Ok so I should probably buy it in Europe ... (France)

1 minute ago, Azowel said:

Ok so I should probably buy it in Europe ... (France)

It's up to you 🙂

US Prices can seem sweet (but remember they hide sales tax from the price they lure you in with), but if French consumer protection is good? I would personally stick with that. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On thing you should consider is import taxes. If you travel from the US (non-EU country) to the EU you have to declare things over a certain value.

For Germany if your imported goods have a value of ~400€ or more you have to declare them and pay around 17% of its value in taxes. So it usually isn't worth it in my opinion.

Plus if you declare nothing and your stuff gets searched by customs you also have to pay some fines.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

50 minutes ago, Azowel said:

I'm currently in the USA for 4 months and RTX 4070 Ti are 100$ cheaper than in Europe, that's why I want to buy one here and bring it back to Europe, but if I have an issue on my gpu I do not want to lose 800$ ...

This calculator: https://www.easyship.com/duties-and-taxes-calculator/france?value=800&currency=USD&category=computers_laptops tells me that importing an $800 GPU should cost you $160 in import tax… which means it'll cost more than buying it in France directly and you won't have the same customer protection.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply