GTA V from epic games taking about 20 minutes

Sambadtech

my game takes so dam long to load and i have no idea why

i got my os and the game on the same SSD's too

please help 馃槶

try to reinstall the game, or check whats using your drive whicg gtaV is on (there might be updates going on in an other game)

Marci

21 minutes ago, Marcii said:

try to reinstall the game, or check whats using your drive whicg gtaV is on (there might be updates going on in an other game)

before i open gta i close all the things on my pc and nothing is updating

being said all that the SSD isn't really doing much while my game loads but my cpu usage is pretty high聽

image.png.ec316c065ee4be9aafadacc23a2e965c.png

Is it the system in the profile? If so, get more ram. 4GB doesn't cut it, even with an older game like GTAV. Since it is an older DDR3 system, another 4GB module should cost practically nothing, and going to 8GB overall should help a lot.

Main system:聽i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU聽24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p聽G-Sync Compatible

Wait, the CPU is DDR2 isn't it? That might complicate things as getting bigger ram in DDR2 might not be so easy. I see the mobo has 2 ram slots. To get to 8GB you'd need to go 2x4GB, and if you're on 2x2GB currently that would have to be replaced.

Main system:聽i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU聽24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p聽G-Sync Compatible

20 minutes ago, porina said:

image.png.ec316c065ee4be9aafadacc23a2e965c.png

Is it the system in the profile? If so, get more ram. 4GB doesn't cut it, even with an older game like GTAV. Since it is an older DDR3 system, another 4GB module should cost practically nothing, and going to 8GB overall should help a lot.

i tried getting a upgrade to 16gb dual but my system didn't wanna work after as it just boot looped and this country is shit in computer hardware so they also couldn't figure it out besides i think I knew more then them so thats that and i dont have money for a new system all this aside when first played gta v on windows 10 the loading was shit like this and i finished the game with it and some months ago I was on tiny 11 loading was actually good there like about 2-5mins but i was concerned about the security as i wasn't being able to get security updates so i came back to windows 10 and here im with loading times above 10 mins

27 minutes ago, porina said:

Wait, the CPU is DDR2 isn't it? That might complicate things as getting bigger ram in DDR2 might not be so easy. I see the mobo has 2 ram slots. To get to 8GB you'd need to go 2x4GB, and if you're on 2x2GB currently that would have to be replaced.

I don't know about that but if thats the case it could explain the boot looping when i got 16gb ddr3 ram i suppose?

im not sure tho im just 16 and learning about computer hardware as im very interested in them

3 minutes ago, Sambadtech said:

I don't know about that but if thats the case it could explain the boot looping when i got 16gb ddr3 ram i suppose?

im not sure tho im just 16 and learning about computer hardware as im very interested in them

My mistake, it is DDR3 after looking again at the motherboard.聽

Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology

2 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots

Support DDR3 1333 non-ECC ,un-buffered memory

Max.8GB

Did you try 2x8GB? Maybe the motherboard/CPU doesn't like the higher capacity modules, and trying 2x4GB might work. What do you currently have in it? 1x4GB or 2x2GB?

16 minutes ago, porina said:

My mistake, it is DDR3 after looking again at the motherboard.聽

Did you try 2x8GB? Maybe the motherboard/CPU doesn't like the higher capacity modules, and trying 2x4GB might work. What do you currently have in it? 1x4GB or 2x2GB?

right now i have a 2x2gb setup

and i haven't given the 2x4 a shot聽

i dont have money for more ram right now so i cant test the 2x4 rn

any software solutions you think might just work for the game right now?

3 minutes ago, Sambadtech said:

any software solutions you think might just work for the game right now?

Did you say game and OS are on the same drive? The thing is, when you run out of ram Windows will use your storage which is much slower. If that and the game are on the same drive, then they will compete for time with each other. It might be faster if they are on separate drives.

You can manually assign swap file to different drives, although it might complain if you don't leave a little on the boot drive. Alternatively, you can try moving the game. I don't know what the process is to do that in Epic.

7 minutes ago, porina said:

Did you say game and OS are on the same drive? The thing is, when you run out of ram Windows will use your storage which is much slower. If that and the game are on the same drive, then they will compete for time with each other. It might be faster if they are on separate drives.

You can manually assign swap file to different drives, although it might complain if you don't leave a little on the boot drive. Alternatively, you can try moving the game. I don't know what the process is to do that in Epic.

well same drive but different partitions

and I already have a second ssd but it isnt as fast as the one with my os

and the one with os and game has 512gb and i think what you are talking about is page filing

if it is i have page filing set to a pretty much completely empty SSD