Ultra Rare MSI GTX 780 TI Lightning Edition found.

Hello all, I need some help. Turns out I have 1 of the 12 of these cards ever released.

Is it worth anything? Do people collect them?

Thanks for any help!

IMG_20230325_111436_502.jpg

IMG_20230325_111459_399.jpg

2 minutes ago, Big_Red_Block said:

Is it worth anything? Do people collect them?

Probably to both, I would look at Ebay or so to see the price history, maybe do some digging with the ol' search engines.

This should be obvious, but keep in mind that it will likely take some time to sell too, even (or especially) if it's worth more to the right person and you want to make the most money possible. I would also keep the original packaging (if you still have it) and treat it carefully, even put it in a watertight box somewhere while you look up details / put it up for sale.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

Yes

keep it safely, take good care of it

Asus ROG G531GT : i7-9750H - GTX 1650M +700mem - MSI RX6600 Armor 8G M.2 eGPU - Samsung 16+8GB PC4-2666 - Samsung 860 EVO 500G 2.5" - 1920x1080@145Hz (172Hz) IPS panel

Family PC : i5-4570 (-125mV) - cheap dual-pipe cooler - Gigabyte Z87M-HD3 Rev1.1 - Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB PC3-1600 - Corsair VX450W - an old Thermaltake ATX case

Test bench 1 G3260 - i5-4690K - 6-pipe cooler - Asus Z97-AR - Panram Blue Lightsaber 2x4GB PC3-2800 - Micron CT500P1SSD8 NVMe - Intel SSD320 40G SSD

iMac 21.5" (late 2011) : i5-2400S, HD 6750M 512MB - Samsung 4x4GB PC3-1333 - WT200 512G SSD (High Sierra) - 1920x1080@60 LCD

Test bench 2: G3260 - H81M-C - Kingston 2x4GB PC3-1600 - Winten WT200 512G

Acer Z5610 "Theatre" C2 Quad Q9550 - G45 Express - 2x2GB PC3-1333 (Samsung) - 1920x1080@60Hz Touch LCD - great internal speakers

Well since you have the card may aswell dump the vbios and upload it to tpu or something cause it doesnt seem like anyones got a 780ti lightning vbios available for download

4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well since you have the card may aswell dump the vbios and upload it to tpu or something cause it doesnt seem like anyones got a 780ti lightning vbios available for download

I have not a clue how to do this. Is it simple with any risk?

4 hours ago, Bismut said:

Probably to both, I would look at Ebay or so to see the price history, maybe do some digging with the ol' search engines.

This should be obvious, but keep in mind that it will likely take some time to sell too, even (or especially) if it's worth more to the right person and you want to make the most money possible. I would also keep the original packaging (if you still have it) and treat it carefully, even put it in a watertight box somewhere while you look up details / put it up for sale.

I have never found a case of one being sold. I have no idea of its potential value due to this. It is 100% mint condition, never been used.

3 hours ago, Ripple Me Bones said:

There's got to be some tutorial out there. I would assume there to be some risk, but I'm no expert

3 hours ago, Ripple Me Bones said:

It is 100% mint condition, never been used.

That will certainly raise its value. You could list it for way too much money and step it down incrementally?

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

5 hours ago, Ripple Me Bones said:

Absolutely no risk since all you are doing is reading the vbios then saving it as a file

there should be yt tutorials on how to do this, iirc you can use gpuz to dump vbios

Would be interesting for anyone with a 780 lightning to play around with but i dont got one

• 1 month later...

May I ask if this card is still with you? I am very interested in it

Please review the message and reply to me. Thank you very much