Is this a good trade? iPad Pro 11 inch (M1) for Razer Blade 15 2020 (2070 max-q @ 10gen 10750H)

May I have a quick gathering of thoughts. I know iPad OS and a Laptop are very different but I’d like to see what others think prior to the trade. Also I’m curious if it’s a fair trade or if the 15 would technically underperform.

No nope nada nuhuh no

Razer blades have TERRIBLE qa and usually have a 1-2 year lifespan to then just die for no reason. There is a reason they wanna trade a VERY expensive laptop still

If we ignore that what is your usecase here even?

Honestly I find the workflow of a laptop to be better than an iPad. I can’t say I particularly enjoy trying to use the iPad as a laptop due to the way it handles files and the office suite is limited to the mobile version. Additionally I’d like to practice writing code and can’t say that’s very enjoyable on an iPad.

however this point is concerning….

1 minute ago, Coolstrybro said:

Honestly I find the workflow of a laptop to be better than an iPad. I can’t say I particularly enjoy trying to use the iPad as a laptop due to the way it handles files and the office suite is limited to the mobile version. Additionally I’d like to practice writing code and can’t say that’s very enjoyable on an iPad.

however this point is concerning….

Yeah thats not what the ipad is made for.

Its meant to be used as a media consumption device not a productivity one.

Yeah razer and quality are not something that goes in the same sentence.

You could sell the ipad or razee whichever is more value and buy a proper laptop

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No nope nada nuhuh no

Razer blades have TERRIBLE qa and usually have a 1-2 year lifespan to then just die for no reason. There is a reason they wanna trade a VERY expensive laptop still

If we ignore that what is your usecase here even?

So considering this… Was the 1-2 year lifespan plaguing their past revisions or have you heard this effecting current models?

additionally is the performance of these two devices a fair trade or the iPad is still more powerful overall.

A 2070 and 10750H is a two and a half year combo and so is the M1 at this point.

Thank you for your help!

1 minute ago, Coolstrybro said:

So considering this… Was the 1-2 year lifespan plaguing their past revisions or have you heard this effecting current models?

additionally is the performance of these two devices a fair trade or the iPad is still more powerful overall.

A 2070 and 10750H is a two and a half year combo and so is the M1 at this point.

Thank you for your help!

Cpu wise they trade blows. Gpu wise easy win for the razer battery wise the razer has like an hour or 2 because 10th gen intel is incredibly inneficient.

Yes 2020 ones still have it. It hasnt improved since the 2015's started doin it.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Cpu wise they trade blows. Gpu wise easy win for the razer battery wise the razer has like an hour or 2 because 10th gen intel is incredibly inneficient.

Yes 2020 ones still have it. It hasnt improved since the 2015's started doin it.

Thank you for your input into this. It’s very helpful.