RX 580 overclocking mv help

Haydens3162

Hello anyone who’s reading this I was messing around with my Rx 580 msi armour 8gb trying to achieve the best performance possible it’s running 1538mhz stable at 1200mv with 2250mhz on the vram I stress tested it for a hour and temps never exceeded 61c I’m trying to push it farther but can’t increase the mv any farther is there a work around for this?

Yes, there are workarounds. The problem is they locked it down with a driver update sometime around 2021. Before that you could do things like modify the powerplay table to get an increased voltage range, but that no longer works unless you go back and use really old drivers. 

Pretty sure there's a way to do it still with MPT or Red BIOS Editor, though I haven't messed with a polaris card in so long that I don't know how you'd go about that. I do know there are ways to do it, people still do overvolt those cards to crazy levels for benchmarking purposes, but unfortunately I don't know what they are off the top of my head. You might be better off heading to a different subforum and searching around though, there's almost certainly people on places like HWBot and Overclockers.co.uk that would be able to point you in a better direction for this sort of thing, or just search on there for a little bit and probably find the tutorial for how to unlock voltage on those cards. 

The way you might have to do it is use the I2C bus on the card and a controller like a Elmor EVC2 to tell the VRM to overvolt the card directly, but I'm almost certain there's a way to do it in software without having to resort to external tools. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yes, there are workarounds. The problem is they locked it down with a driver update sometime around 2021. Before that you could do things like modify the powerplay table to get an increased voltage range, but that no longer works unless you go back and use really old drivers. 

Pretty sure there's a way to do it still with MPT or Red BIOS Editor, though I haven't messed with a polaris card in so long that I don't know how you'd go about that. I do know there are ways to do it, people still do overvolt those cards to crazy levels for benchmarking purposes, but unfortunately I don't know what they are off the top of my head. You might be better off heading to a different subforum and searching around though, there's almost certainly people on places like HWBot and Overclockers.co.uk that would be able to point you in a better direction for this sort of thing, or just search on there for a little bit and probably find the tutorial for how to unlock voltage on those cards. 

The way you might have to do it is use the I2C bus on the card and a controller like a Elmor EVC2 to tell the VRM to overvolt the card directly, but I'm almost certain there's a way to do it in software without having to resort to external tools. 

I got red bios editor to work thank you