Stuttering with new GPU

Krom77

Hi there,

I know there is a lot of threads like this, but since nothing recommended there has helped me yet, im posting my own. So recenty i was upgrading my pc with some new components, first i changed motherboard and cpu, and everything was working fine until the replacement of the psu and gpu. So now im experiencing some stutters with my new rtx 3060ti which were never there before with my old gtx 1060. I've tried almost everything, reinstalling drivers, windows, changing some stuff in BIOS, disabling geforce experience, xbox game mode (or whatever its called), i checked if everything in the pc is plugged in right, im monitoring fps and frametime with afterburner, and while the fps are high, frametime is often jumping for no particular reason, even when i change game settings to lowest like in red dead 2 or witcher 3 i still get those damn stutters. I observed that they are mostly appearing in the open world games (because it is not happening in every game, for example league is fine), especially when something bigger or more demanding is rendering in front of me, and its happening even is games like unturned . And im wondering, what is the issue here? because literally every game was working fine before and im really frustrated because almost everything in my build is new. Can this issue be caused by my hard drive on which i store games? because that is my main suspicion, of course any form of help is greatly appreciated. Im adding a video for you guys to see how does it look like, even though the stuttering is less noticable than normally (sorry its so short, the limit is only 20mb.

my spec here:

16 gigs of ram (4x4)

Cpu Intel i5 12600k

gpu Rtx 3060ti

mobo Gigabyte b660 gaming x ddr 4

psu modecom volcano 750w 80 plus gold

system is installed on 240gb sata ssd and games and other stuff are stored on 2x HDD 1tb 7200 toshiba i think

did you actually clean the old drivers or reinstall windows or is everything just piled on top of eachother

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

did you actually clean the old drivers or reinstall windows or is everything just piled on top of eachother

well, i've only reinstalled the drivers by nvidia official site, did a bunch of other stuff like playing with nvidia settings and cleaning storage, it didnt help so then i reinstalled my windows

Update: Ive ran ddu on the first setting (clean and restart), nothing has changed, its driving me crazy

I would think it might be a heat issue if the GPU, OS and drivers are a fresh install. Also what resolution are you playing at? Have you tried capping frames at 60 or even 30 to possibly rule out anything else? 

14 minutes ago, Cynical_user23 said:

I would think it might be a heat issue if the GPU, OS and drivers are a fresh install. Also what resolution are you playing at? Have you tried capping frames at 60 or even 30 to possibly rule out anything else? 

I play at 1080p, fps when capped at lets say 60 are stable, but you know i dont want to play every game with capped frames, since i paid a good amount of money for my build and previously it was all working fine without any capping, if you ask about the temps, the max i noted on afterburner is 73, when most of the time it stays around 69-70. Also im playing rdr2 now and in the forests or when im riding around the stuttering happens very rarely, but when i walk into a town or some more demanding places, it becomes very noticable and annoying with frametime jumping just like in the video i sent.

26 minutes ago, Krom77 said:

I play at 1080p, fps when capped at lets say 60 are stable, but you know i dont want to play every game with capped frames, since i paid a good amount of money for my build and previously it was all working fine without any capping, if you ask about the temps, the max i noted on afterburner is 73, when most of the time it stays around 69-70. Also im playing rdr2 now and in the forests or when im riding around the stuttering happens very rarely, but when i walk into a town or some more demanding places, it becomes very noticable and annoying with frametime jumping just like in the video i sent.

i mean there are some smaller frametime spikes when its capped to 60, but 90% of the time its all clear and stable

also i forgot to mention, sometimes usually at the beggining when i launch the game and play for maybe 3 minutes the screen goes black for maybe a second and comes back to normal. Is this have something to do with the stuttering?