does anybody else know which generation m.2 the 15' dell vostro 3520 laptop is fitted with?

i've took plenty of time strolling around the internet for any single detail that answers whether it's gen3/4, and the reason why i immediately require such information and can't simply await for it to ship is because i'm purchasing this laptop for it's constant usage in business-related heavy working. i'm planning to install new ram + drive in parallel to the probable date that the laptop would ship, so that it'd quickly be utilized without waiting further for the upgrades to ship after. i appreciate anything replied regarding this question.

This is a cheap low performance device, not sure what kind of heavy working you expect this machine to be able to do. Unless your task is bound by I/O performance, the PCIe generation isn't going to matter very much.

The specs don't mention the generation, so I'd assume it's PCIe 3.0, especially given its low price point

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/vostro-3520-laptop/spd/vostro-15-3520-laptop#tech-specs-anchor

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

This is a cheap low performance device, not sure what kind of heavy working you expect this machine to be able to do. Unless your task is bound by I/O performance, the PCIe generation isn't going to matter very much.

The specs don't mention the generation, so I'd assume it's PCIe 3.0, especially given its low price point

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/vostro-3520-laptop/spd/vostro-15-3520-laptop#tech-specs-anchor

well thanks for the assumption, and to clarify what exactly i meant by the "heavy working," essentially it's on a ton of emails that'd come and go, and the files that about half would be presented required for printing in most optimally, the shortest amount of time.

7 hours ago, ayzhien said:

well thanks for the assumption, and to clarify what exactly i meant by the "heavy working," essentially it's on a ton of emails that'd come and go, and the files that about half would be presented required for printing in most optimally, the shortest amount of time.

That use case will be bound by the speed of your printer(s) and the speed of your network connection more than anything. Unless you're talking millions of emails per seconds, no modern machine will break a sweat sending documents to a printer queue or forwarding emails.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-3520-in-review-Core-i5-office-laptop-delivers-good-runtimes.697287.0.html

This benchmarks tests the model with a 512 GB NVMe. Its write speed is ~3100 MB/s, which means it's Gen 3. Still more than enough for processing emails.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply