Do "desktop replacement" laptops have good cooling

Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

I would say it's adequate.

The issue with "good" is that if you only care about temperature then yes, it's good. But rest in peace to your ears.

Also as explained in that video, they are using a graphene sheet instead of thermal paste which means worse temperature but you don't need to do maintenance for far longer by having to replace it. So there are trade-offs.

So while I was watching the recent ShortCircuit video on the Razer Blade 18 (while you-know-what was happening), I wanted to see if a desktop replacement is good for me. I like the idea of having a full computer I can move around in my apartment, but I need to know if it has good temps, or if the cooling is just as bad as a normal laptop. Thanks!

Laptops in general have worse cooling than their desktop counterparts, as well as having lower power components compared to their desktop counterparts. Even gaming laptops have essentially the same coolers as a standard laptop, they're just beefier for the hotter gaming components, so regardless of what kind of laptop you get cooling/temps as well as fan noise is almost always going to be a downside. Especially if you're looking for one that's slim like a Razer Blade. I've never heard of laptops being labeled as a "desktop replacement" laptop before so I don't know what you're referring to there.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I would say it's adequate.

The issue with "good" is that if you only care about temperature then yes, it's good. But rest in peace to your ears.

Also as explained in that video, they are using a graphene sheet instead of thermal paste which means worse temperature but you don't need to do maintenance for far longer by having to replace it. So there are trade-offs.