My Channel Was Deleted Last Night.

CPotter

Really interested to see how this happened, social hacking? Spear-fishing? Exploit in youtube? Used an editor account?

10 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Did any of your servers come in handy for bringing the channels back online? They're fixed by now... and not overheating... right?

Its sad how much channels get hacked lately due to these scams. Just like those telegram-scams in the commentsections. 

what about some un-unlisted videos momentarily popping up on main channel and people randomly reuploading them? they should get dmca'd i think 

i am sorry this happned a lot of work goan

28 minutes ago, CPotter said:

#PACKWATCH0 rSNET RIPBOZO REST IN PISS YOU WONT BE MISSEC

Spoiler

But in all seriousness, glad LTT is back and noone at LMG is being scapegoated here. I hope Cookiejacking stops being a thing someday.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

how many times do think linus had the heart dropping feeling last night?

Sure glad LTT is back so quickly. Also good to see no scapegoats will be ritually sacrificed over this (not even Colton!) and LMG has learned a lot and willing to share to protect other, mainly smaller, channels.

Hopefully you guys can have a peaceful nights sleep now 🥱

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Nothing but love man. Have had to deal with catistrophic failures that are akin to this but obviously not the same. (Schoolwide Network loss and server failure being the most recent) Glad you got this sorted and props on taking ownership of it and not putting blame on anyone.

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

7 minutes ago, tartan said:

how many times do think linus had the heart dropping feeling last night?

We'll never know but I wonder how his reaction was when he saw that message from Steve at 3am

Aye @LinusTechwe appreciate the kind words as a community but it's you guys who taught us things we didn't know as kids/teenagers/adults/mid-aged man-women/etc, be it building a computer, helping us choose the right graphics card or even just reviewing a bunch of pantone colors lmao.. We always got your back as a community if shit goes down or up (That sounds a bit wrong going up but you get the point).. Seriously kudos to the guys who donated to super chat to raise the awareness like absolute legends! Stay safe!

Authy and 2FA are pretty much useless for now.  Meh....And Session Tokens are easy to get into as well.  Big ooooooof.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

I was right, this was probably a fake pdf file.

If you have file extension enabled, the filename would be something like sponsor.exe.pdf but if you don't have file extensions enabled, the file would be displayed as sponsor.pdf 

Here's how this works YouTube link

And to be honest, my old steam account was almost hacked that way but luckily Valve reacted and notified me about the sudden change of location and logged me off from all devices.

I tried to run a Macro which was named antiAFKkick.ahk but with file extensions enabled, the file name turned out to be  antiAFKkick.exe.ahk 

Damn, got my mans Linus stressin' at 4 in the mornin'! Glad everything is back to normal.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Hi Linusteam,

in my company we are using Okta for protect our account for all types.

It's perfect for managing sessions and cookies in the easy way.

Try to give it a shot!

And if you need more info you are free to ask.

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

I got Similar Experience on october last year. And I already warn people of this kind of hijacking.. I hope this will be the last.

It's actually incorrect to say that Instagram does not protect its users. Some time ago I logged in to Instagram, which I rarely use. Even though I logged in on the same device I use for years, it blocked all actions on the site. I could not follow anyone (the main reason I logged in this time), I could not change anything in my account for almost week. Only after approximately a week, I was able to use my account.