New Aio Not Sure where to plug 3 pin connector and aio making noise

DoubtingCastle

So, I literally just got the corsair h100i elite because I RMAed my old one and they gave me this one for free because my old one was making noise. I installed it but I wasn't sure on where to plug the 3 pin connector and after I looked at the manual for this product I saw that it should go in the cpu_fan header and not the aio header. Once I did this I noticed that my fans for the aio werent spinning and then I plugged the 3 pin into the aio and they work, but when its in the aio I get an error message from my bios saying cpu fan error. Another thing is that I still here this buzzing type noise coming from the aio, I heard that it can just be trapped bubbles in the aio and I am sure that my placement had something to do with it because I am not using the gamer nexus method. And im not sure if the buzzing is coming from the vrms on the motherboard. So, should I be concerned with the noise? I mean I put up with it before, and what should I do about this 3 pin connector. 

13 minutes ago, DoubtingCastle said:

So, I literally just got the corsair h100i elite because I RMAed my old one and they gave me this one for free because my old one was making noise. I installed it but I wasn't sure on where to plug the 3 pin connector and after I looked at the manual for this product I saw that it should go in the cpu_fan header and not the aio header. Once I did this I noticed that my fans for the aio werent spinning and then I plugged the 3 pin into the aio and they work, but when its in the aio I get an error message from my bios saying cpu fan error. Another thing is that I still here this buzzing type noise coming from the aio, I heard that it can just be trapped bubbles in the aio and I am sure that my placement had something to do with it because I am not using the gamer nexus method. And im not sure if the buzzing is coming from the vrms on the motherboard. So, should I be concerned with the noise? I mean I put up with it before, and what should I do about this 3 pin connector. 

The Corsair H100i Elite Capellix instruction manual says:

> Connect pump 24-pin cable to your Commander CORE (figure 1).

> Connect pump tach cable to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard (figure 2).

> Connect each fan to the Commander CORE (figure3)

> Connect each fan RGB lead to the Commander CORE (figure 3).

> Using the attached USB cable, connect the Commander CORE to a motherboard USB 2.0 header.

> Connect pump power cable to an available SATA power plug from your power supply

If the manual is correct, the 3-pin fan cable is just to control the pump speed, nothing more.

Powering the pump and everything else is through the 24-pin cable --> Commander Core --> SATA

If you do not have ANYTHING connected to the CPU_FAN header (even another case fan), the motherboard will think you don't have a CPU cooler / cooler fan hooked up. It triggers the warning...in case you are one of those people who tried to run the computer with no CPU Cooler.

Make sure you have ALL the other cables hooked up.

• 3-pin fan
  • Corsair 24-pin cable --> Commander Core
  • USB Header cable --> Motherboard
  • SATA cable --> Power Supply
  • RGB cable --> Commander Core

Next, you'll then need to download + install Corsair's iCUE software / driver.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

12 hours ago, -rascal- said:

If the manual is correct, the 3-pin fan cable is just to control the pump speed, nothing more.

Powering the pump and everything else is through the 24-pin cable --> Commander Core --> SATA

If you do not have ANYTHING connected to the CPU_FAN header (even another case fan), the motherboard will think you don't have a CPU cooler / cooler fan hooked up. It triggers the warning...in case you are one of those people who tried to run the computer with no CPU Cooler.

• 3-pin fan

A) I do not have the Capellix version i have this one (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-RGB-ELITE-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060058-WW#tab-downloads

B) I do not have a 24-pin cable or a commander core 

13 hours ago, -rascal- said:

• 3-pin fan

What I found I can do is just set the cpu fan in the bios to ignore and this fixes the cpu fan error. But, I am more worried about the noise I have been hearing it sounds worse than the last one, and the idle temps average around 35-38c but then when opening something like google chrome its jumps to 45-48c my last pump i guess would be higher in temps. But this noise is what really bothers me the whole point of rmaing this cooler was to get rid of the noise but it doesnt seem to have done so, if anything its worse. 

7 hours ago, DoubtingCastle said:

A) I do not have the Capellix version i have this one (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-RGB-ELITE-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060058-WW#tab-downloads

B) I do not have a 24-pin cable or a commander core 

6 hours ago, DoubtingCastle said:

What I found I can do is just set the cpu fan in the bios to ignore and this fixes the cpu fan error. But, I am more worried about the noise I have been hearing it sounds worse than the last one, and the idle temps average around 35-38c but then when opening something like google chrome its jumps to 45-48c my last pump i guess would be higher in temps. But this noise is what really bothers me the whole point of rmaing this cooler was to get rid of the noise but it doesnt seem to have done so, if anything its worse. 

Okay, so the H100i Elite is even more simple.

Again, the 3-pin fan cable is mainly used to control / report pump speed -- it is SUPPOSED to operate as a pump tach.

The CPU_FAN header likely does not supply enough power to supply the fans + pump...basically the entire H100i Elite contaption.

Which is why... there is a SATA power connector.

Again, you need to have that connected, because THAT is the intended power source, NOT the 3-pin fan connector.

Then you plug the USB header into your motherboard.

Next, download + install iCUE.

You should be able to control the fan + pump speed through iCUE.

If you don't plug that cable into a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard, iCUE won't detect the H100i, and you won't be able to control fan + pump speed, RGB, etc.

> Connect pump tach cable to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard (Figure 1).

> Connect each fan to the USB-C Wire Harness and connect the USB-C cable to the pump (Figure 2).

> Using the included USB-C cable, connect the iCUE ELITE Series cooler to a motherboard USB 2.0 header.

> Connect pump power cable that is attached to the USB-C Wire Harness to an available SATA power plug from your power supply.

You SHOULD have the AIO properly connected and powered first.

If something in the AIO is underpowered, that can also cause unintended stress to the electronics / components.

That can cause all sort of electrical-related issues (i.e. weird noises).

But even after that, and it is STILL not behaving properly, then yes, probably get in touch with Corsair C.S. again.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

1 hour ago, -rascal- said:

Okay, so the H100i Elite is even more simple.

Again, the 3-pin fan cable is mainly used to control / report pump speed -- it is SUPPOSED to operate as a pump tach.

The CPU_FAN header likely does not supply enough power to supply the fans + pump...basically the entire H100i Elite contaption.

Which is why... there is a SATA power connector.

Again, you need to have that connected, because THAT is the intended power source, NOT the 3-pin fan connector.

Then you plug the USB header into your motherboard.

Next, download + install iCUE.

You should be able to control the fan + pump speed through iCUE.

If you don't plug that cable into a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard, iCUE won't detect the H100i, and you won't be able to control fan + pump speed, RGB, etc.

You SHOULD have the AIO properly connected and powered first.

If something in the AIO is underpowered, that can also cause unintended stress to the electronics / components.

That can cause all sort of electrical-related issues (i.e. weird noises).

But even after that, and it is STILL not behaving properly, then yes, probably get in touch with Corsair C.S. again.

So, I made sure everything is plugged in correctly, I have the 3pin plugged into the cpu fan header and I have the sata thing plug into the psu sata cable, I also have the usb connecter from the aio plugged into the motherboard and the two fans are plugged in as well. I have Icue downloaded and everything seems fine. But, the noise still persists, it sounds like an refrigerator, it has like a humming noise.