Is it worth it to buy the keychron q0

Dream Driver 47

i've been looking recently at a couple different keyboards and was considering one with a numpad, i then just thought to get either the keychron q0 or the q0 plus, the q0 is 129 aud and the q0 plus is 179 aud, if there is a more durable mechanical numpad or one that is wireless or has a carrying case i would get that over the keychron ones 

mechanical keyboards is a hobby and it's priced that way. they're never the best value and you can get stuff that feels/performs just as good if you dig a bit more in the unbranded stuff.

but honestly it's hard to know what you would like or not and keychron doesn't price out their ass, it'll always be better than buying a razer or corsair board.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

12 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

mechanical keyboards is a hobby and it's priced that way. they're never the best value and you can get stuff that feels/performs just as good if you dig a bit more in the unbranded stuff.

but honestly it's hard to know what you would like or not and keychron doesn't price out their ass, it'll always be better than buying a razer or corsair board.

its just a stand alone numpad, thats all im wanting right now because i have a 65% keyboard and sometimes i could do with a numpad or at school it would make it alot easier

5 minutes ago, Dream Driver 47 said:

its just a stand alone numpad, thats all im wanting right now because i have a 65% keyboard and sometimes i could do with a numpad or at school it would make it alot easier

oh i thought it was the whole board....
idk how much it is from keychron.

personally i use the numpad so little i wouldn't care if it the 20$ amazon basics one for the rare times i have to touch it.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 minute ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

oh i thought it was the whole board....
idk how much it is from keychron.

personally i use the numpad so little i wouldn't care if it the 20$ amazon basics one for the rare times i have to touch it.

i used to have a keyboard with a numpad but i have given that to my parents, id only use it for mostly school work and if its better then my normal keyboard then i might use it for gaming as my desk is very messy and i cannot be bothered cleaning it up

13 minutes ago, Dream Driver 47 said:

If you use the 10 key a lot, then why not. I grew up on laptops so I rarely ever use the 10 key, even for data entry. I got good at going both hands using the main numbers over 10 keys that I'm actually faster on them (its also using more fingers and should be faster).

I know plenty of people who basically can't do that and exclusively use a 10 key for data entry. If its worth the $ to you specifically, then do it. If not, then don't, simple as that.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017