£1000 3070ti crashes in almost any game. Help!

Evening all - been lurking here for a long time but never posted. Awesome stuff all!

I've been having issues for years and thinking it was something I was doing causing issues with my pc. Never had issues like it on other builds (I regularly build for people in my local area)

I purchased this Aurous Master 3070ti 8GB, back in December 2021. Since day 1 of owning it I have found every single game I play fails due to a driver error. Maybe not straight away but with 45 minutes. On rare occasions a couple of hours. Not BSOD, just the games crashing.

I never RMA'd due to believing it to be caused by underpowered (in comparison) hardware. It has remained in my pc being used for browsing since.

To fix this issue I have tried all stages of the NVIDIA drivers, clean install using DDU. I have reinstalled windows, 8, 10 and 11, on at least 8
occasions.
I have updated all drivers, ensured all versions of windows are up to date, rolled back drivers and windows versions to previous states.
Ensured the bios settings of all 3 motherboards used are tested with various bios versions.
I have updated the graphics card bios to the latest firmware.

I have underclocked my GPU, used lower spec monitors and lower game settings.

Recently I have updated my setup to 12700k CPU, 1500w PSU, 32gb ram, and have found that the graphics card is to be the issue, rather than anything else in the system.

Online I have found this to be a common enough issue to be reported on but never a clear fix, other than dead RAM, which I can now confirm it is not.

I understand that it is a long time since purchase, but it is still under warranty and since I spent nearly 1000 on the card (very bad timing lol) I have contacted support from the company I bought from with limited reply. I want to be able to try everything I can before paying shipping to return it and hope they find a fault for me to get a refund/new card.

Thanks all!

what's the game list?

this kind of crashing is not usually a GPU thing. Software is very tricky, it's much more likely that you have something else that randomly polls something and crashes the directX driver. it literally could be a bad keyboard or webcam driver.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Essentially everything. This is the best I can pull off the top of my head.

Some of the games not working:

Overwatch

COD - all since MW

FIFA

Destiny 2

High on Life

Apex Legends

Only games working so far:

Minecraft

Among Us

The error always comes to an driver not communicating error - I will post if I can find the error message/code again

46 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

what's the game list?

this kind of crashing is not usually a GPU thing. Software is very tricky, it's much more likely that you have something else that randomly polls something and crashes the directX driver. it literally could be a bad keyboard or webcam driver.

Overwatch

COD - all since MW

FIFA

Destiny 2

High on Life

Apex Legends

Minecraft

Among Us

The error always comes to an driver not communicating error - I will post if I can find the error message/code again

2 minutes ago, Holroyd said:

Overwatch

COD - all since MW

FIFA

Destiny 2

High on Life

Apex Legends

Minecraft

Among Us

did you try forcing a GPU bios update? in safemode with the nvidia tool. you can find a matching bios for your card on the techpowerup website

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

Just now, SquintyG33Rs said:

did you try forcing a GPU bios update? in safemode with the nvidia tool. you can find a matching bios for your card on the techpowerup website

That's not something I have tried. May be worth a go - would it likely void any warranty if I tried it?

Just now, Holroyd said:

That's not something I have tried. May be worth a go - would it likely void any warranty if I tried it?

no, it's not something many people think of but it's technically a supported feature just like for your motherboard. it's just less common.
As long as you don't try and force a driver for a different card on yours it doesn't cause any issues
(you sometimes do this intentionally... for example the FE 20 series logo is LED illuminated and it's actually RGB, but you can't control it. unless you flash the EVGA bios from their card that uses the nvidia default PCB layout and then you get control 🎉 but you lose the USB-C connector on the back because EVGA didn't put those on their cards)

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

8 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

no, it's not something many people think of but it's technically a supported feature just like for your motherboard. it's just less common.
As long as you don't try and force a driver for a different card on yours it doesn't cause any issues
(you sometimes do this intentionally... for example the FE 20 series logo is LED illuminated and it's actually RGB, but you can't control it. unless you flash the EVGA bios from their card that uses the nvidia default PCB layout and then you get control 🎉 but you lose the USB-C connector on the back because EVGA didn't put those on their cards)

Sorry for all the questions - last one I have is, does this flash both the silent and OC bios if I were to do it? Both have the same errors

1 minute ago, Holroyd said:

Sorry for all the questions - last one I have is, does this flash both the silent and OC bios if I were to do it? Both have the same errors

only the bios that the switch is currently on gets affected. This is ideal because since you have 2, if something goes wrong by accident or anything you still have the other untouched. (you can even unbrick in some cases by booting on one, flipping the switch to the other and forcing the flash)

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

51 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

only the bios that the switch is currently on gets affected. This is ideal because since you have 2, if something goes wrong by accident or anything you still have the other untouched. (you can even unbrick in some cases by booting on one, flipping the switch to the other and forcing the flash)

Unfortunately the same is happening- the new bios works fine, but still having the 'rendering device lost in OW'