How to troubleshoot a potentially defective ASRock Taichi x570 motherboard?

rvukasin

Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing some issues with my ASRock Taichi x570 motherboard and suspect that it might be defective. Over time, some of the USB ports have stopped working, the audio port is no longer functioning, and the PC sometimes has trouble starting up after being shut down (it goes into a loop and fails to start until it eventually runs).

Before sending the motherboard in for warranty repairs, I'd like to confirm that it is the source of the problems. While I've built several systems myself and have some experience with debugging and troubleshooting, I've never had issues with a motherboard before.

If anyone has any tips or advice on how to diagnose and confirm issues with a motherboard, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

USB drop out is a very well known issue on AM4 platform, especially x570. Not uncommon.

Audio port issue sounds more like a driver issue rather then it failing, but it could still fail.

Shutting down and starting up issues sounds like unstable ram or CPU voltage/speeds. 

Generally its better to return it to the vendor and replace it then RMA, unless you are out of the return window.

What do you suggest I return? Do you think the motherboard is the root cause of the issues I'm experiencing? I use this PC daily for extended periods of time, so it's important to me to confirm that the motherboard is indeed the problem before sending it back for warranty repairs. In the event that I do need to return it, I plan to purchase a new motherboard first so it's very important to me to confirm that the motherboard is causing the issues before spending the money. I also never enabled XMP because everything but default 2133MHz was not booting even thought my RAM is rated for 3200 and that might also be issue with the motherboard, right?

2 hours ago, rvukasin said:

What do you suggest I return?

@Shimejii Already said that it is motherboard chipset issue, and i do agreed. You could try to reinstall the chipset drivers to see what happens but i doubt itll worked.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.