So, I just got a PSP

Radium_Angel

A model 3001 (fat PSP, with UMD) from a friend.

Kind of amusing form factor, though the screen is obviously no longer top notch.

Anyone suggest some inexpensive UMD games to get? It'll be through eBay. I like games like Minecraft and Diablo (well...1, never played the rest) and old school coin-arcade style stuff, but I am open to ideas. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

PSP was an exceptional console in terms of how different were the games released on it. My personal benefits are the Silent Hill games (both of them), Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command, and Killzone: Liberation. It is also a great PS1 emulator console, I've beat many PS1 games on PSP.

As for the inexpensive but great games - try Gran Turismo, it came with PSPs for free, so there are millions of copies of that one out there.

Yes, I had an account here before. Do not ask me about something related to current political events in the part of the planet I live in - I wouldn't answer that for my own sake and safety. Feel free to address me with any other kind of questions.

My favorite PSP games are:

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Crysis Core - Final Fantasy VII

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble

Tomb Raider: Legend

Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Way of The Samurai 2 (Japanese)

Midnight Club: LA Remix

God Eater Burst

The quality of those games is in parity with AAA PC/Console games from back in the day which is pretty good!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

All GTA games are awesome, although be aware of CTW being topdown, while I enjoyed it too, it's not like the others, so if someone didn't start GTA until they went 3D I could see them not necessarily digging it. But if you enjoyed GTA2, you should find it worth your while.

I also remember the Syphon Filter games being a blast and I don't usually even prefer stealth, although disclaimer here that I played them literally over a decade ago. Dang, it's been a minute.

Burnout Dominator was also a blast.

There's a ton of good games for the device.

Ridge Racer 1 and 2 are both well worth picking up imo. Fun arcadey goodness, and a surprising amount of content for handheld racing games of the era. Also great soundtracks.

The LocoRoco games are worth checking out too. And the two God of War games (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) are pretty great.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

there's like fuck tons of good games on psp,i dont think any games i like would be anything like minecraft or diablo

some of the good games that i like are on top of my head if you can find them

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade ( not many people like this i think. This game is similar to diablo the most, but if i remember correctly its pretty hard)

rivera the promise land(turn base)

Valkyrie profile lenneth (turn base button smashing game if you want it to be 🙂 )

crisis core(its a final fantasy game)

The 3rd Birthday(shooter)

dissidia finial fantasy ( pretty much sonys version of smash bros)

Disgaea afternoon of darkness (strategy  turm base game)

God of war

world tour soccer 06

gungair(turn base strategy)

valkyria chronical II (turn base strategy)

grand torismo (car game)

GTA vice city

janee d'arc(turn base strategy)

lives on

BAKABT

1 hour ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade

Excellent game, just got one on the cheap off eBay.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Ah... PSP the gold mine of portable handhelds. Shocking like 4K of games that are pretty much loss to the ages. I'd say just buy out any of the major AAA title exclusives that are for the PSP are must buys a lot of them had unique GUI's and UI's that were masterpieces for the PSP.

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

On 3/23/2023 at 6:07 AM, Radium_Angel said:

A model 3001 (fat PSP, with UMD) from a friend.

Kind of amusing form factor, though the screen is obviously no longer top notch.

Anyone suggest some inexpensive UMD games to get? It'll be through eBay. I like games like Minecraft and Diablo (well...1, never played the rest) and old school coin-arcade style stuff, but I am open to ideas. 

I enjoyed Patapon series more than I thought I would.

The damn rhyme still stuck in my brain up until now. 😂

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I don't know if these have been said but some the ones that I play on my psp are:

Valhalla Knights 2 - it's a jrpg with the modern combat system

Star Wars Lethal Alliance - A very interesting Star Wars game

Loco Roco 1&2 - A very unique game and just cute and fun all around

Untold Legends - A diablo style game that is just great to pick and play on occasion and there are two sequels for it too

I think that the main thing to look for when getting psp games is that they are unlike the ones that are on modern consoles and I would say the same for the ps vita, some of my most favorite games for them are the weird ones that wouldn't fit in anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres also tons of japanese games that are not well known in the western market

• 1 month later...

Hatsune Miku Project Diva

Thank me later (not sure about cheap though) 

well, actually 

https://www.amazon.com/Sega-Miku-Hatsune-Project-Sony-PSP/dp/B003VQQHE8

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 4/5/2023 at 12:24 PM, BirdyTheMighty said:

The 3rd Birthday

Ah, i still haven't played my SE of it... I played through the first half of Parasite Eve though,  love it, of course i do cause tank controls are my jam! (but somehow stopped playing,  too time consuming,  same as Dino Crisis, excellent game(s) but they just don't seem to want to end, ie i think they probably have bad pacing cause i don't have this issue with older Resident Evil games, in fact i keep replaying them cause they're so good!)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity