Port Forwarding With Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Machine Pro (UDM PRO)

Sekigema

So, here has been my issue:

I have been trying to get my router to port forward to create a Minecraft server for my friends by using UniFi's integrated port forwarding utility.

The ISP I have is AT&T Fiber, I do have passthrough enabled.

I have tried several things like port forwarding both the AT&T router (BGW320-500) and the UDM Pro, creating several firewall port forwarding rulesets in UniFi, following AT&T's port forwarding guides, tried changing the default Minecraft port, tried both protocols for Minecraft (TCP & UDP) and a whole lot more random "what if" solutions that were found on reddit (you never know when the dumb solution might work, but none of them did).

Before anyone asks, yes, after every action I did, I tried turning it off and on (both the AT&T router and the UDM Pro)

Does anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong? This has been an incredibly frustrating 5 hour task that had 0 progress made. 

And I also know, I'm on the network so I connected through the LAN, but this also means that the port IS open, but only locally. I'm just so lost with this. 

image.thumb.png.1abdb298055e0b4764587d4759fed739.png

33 minutes ago, Sekigema said:

The ISP I have is AT&T Fiber, I do have passthrough enabled.

Passthrough? If you're behind CGNAT it won't matter what you try locally.

Usually, at least here, you need a static public ip to be able to port forward outwards.

5 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

Passthrough? If you're behind CGNAT it won't matter what you try locally.

Usually, at least here, you need a static public ip to be able to port forward outwards.

This is right, hosting on a consumer (non-business) connection is usually blocked on the ISP side (particularly the big ones like AT&T, Comcast, etc)

2 hours ago, seanondemand said:

This is right, hosting on a consumer (non-business) connection is usually blocked on the ISP side (particularly the big ones like AT&T, Comcast, etc)

Is there any way to get past the blockage and create my own static IP address?

3 hours ago, Sekigema said:

Is there any way to get past the blockage and create my own static IP address?

No, the IP address is provided by the ISP, along with whatever restrictions they have on a consumer account. sometimes you can pay an extra fee for a static IP, sometimes it’s only available on a business account. 

Why is everyone so sure OP is behind CGNAT?! It sounds like he should have a public IP on his AT&T router, or since it's bridged - on his UDM Pro...

@Sekigema 

IF by "passthrough" you mean that the AT&T router is in full bridge mode, then your UDM Pro should be getting public IP. In that case no need to set up any port forwarding on the AT&T router, but just on the UDM Pro.

In fact, since it's in passthrough, disable everything within it, you want it to be as dumb as possible and just forward everything to UDM Pro

https://community.ui.com/questions/BGW320-500-Bridge-Mode-and-or-IP-Passthrough-Question/99786f13-1f76-46dd-9801-7102fd1d44d7

The above plus this guide should work:

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/how-to-port-forward-a-minecraft-server 

Even though your IP from AT&T is not static, it should still be unchanged for extended periods of time, and shouldn't cause you issues.