Bought "new" router, wrong one in box? Any risk?

Madix

So, I purchased a TP-Link AC1900 off Amazon yesterday. Problem is, when I opened it and set everything up the router said it was a TP-Link AX3000.  I knew something was off when the default router password didn't work and it didn't ask me a new password- I had to reset everything to factory defaults to get it running. 

-It was in the correct box but the router was different. Box had no seal but the router came in plastic that was taped. Router doesn't look tampered with.

-Seller was Amazon from Amazon Warehouse, listed as "New".

I first thought maybe someone returned their old router for a better one but the one I received is almost twice the price. So, I guess what I'm asking is, is there a risk to using it? Do these manufacturers make this mistake often? Am I being overly cautious?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions!

35 minutes ago, Madix said:

So, I purchased a TP-Link AC1900 off Amazon yesterday. Problem is, when I opened it and set everything up the router said it was a TP-Link AX3000.  I knew something was off when the default router password didn't work and it didn't ask me a new password- I had to reset everything to factory defaults to get it running. 

-It was in the correct box but the router was different. Box had no seal but the router came in plastic that was taped. Router doesn't look tampered with.

-Seller was Amazon from Amazon Warehouse, listed as "New".

I first thought maybe someone returned their old router for a better one but the one I received is almost twice the price. So, I guess what I'm asking is, is there a risk to using it? Do these manufacturers make this mistake often? Am I being overly cautious?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions!

From what I can find, the AC1900 (Archer C9) is end of life, and the AX3000 (Archer AX50) is quite a lot better.

I'd just keep the AX3000, but it could be an issue with warranty later on, as you cannot claim warranty for a product that's not on an invoice. It's your choice in the end, keep it and take the warranty risk, or return it as not the correct product received and get warranty.