Is 100° C okay when running cinebench on i9-13900K ?

While running cinebench on i9-13900K, 6 of my 8 p-core reach 100° C

Hwinfo + Armoury Crate screenshot

I saw in Linus video that 100° C is bad and can fry the CPU.

Does anyone else's i9-13900K reaches 100° C?

I have "LIAN LI GALAHAD AIO 360 ARGB" liquid cooler installed.

FYI Cenabench hit 37498 on multi core

100C is what the CPU is rated to run at, so it should be perfectly safe. It might be worth trying to undervolt the CPU though, ASUS boards have a tendency to pump a ton of voltage into the CPU at stock settings, much more than what's necessary, so odds are you can get an extra 2000 points in Cinebench and possibly get the CPU to stop thermal throttling by doing so. 

At 100°C the CPU will be thermal throttling. It might be running at 100°C but it might be dropping the clock speed significantly to prevent it from heating further.

Are you running Cinebench on a loop or are you just running it once and hitting those temps? Cinebench runs are fairly short and it's likely that the CPU would get even hotter in more prolonged heavy use, especially since it can take a few minutes for a liquid cooler to reach a (higher) stable temperature. If it's quickly hitting 100°C when doing a cinebench run then I would expect there is a problem with your cooling. Double check common issues like making sure the fans are spinning, the pump in the AIO is running, and that there's thermal paste between the cooler and CPU (and no plastic sticker under the cooler from where it was in the box).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

56 minutes ago, Spotty said:

At 100°C the CPU will be thermal throttling. It might be running at 100°C but it might be dropping the clock speed significantly to prevent it from heating further.

Are you running Cinebench on a loop or are you just running it once and hitting those temps? Cinebench runs are fairly short and it's likely that the CPU would get even hotter in more prolonged heavy use, especially since it can take a few minutes for a liquid cooler to reach a (higher) stable temperature. If it's quickly hitting 100°C when doing a cinebench run then I would expect there is a problem with your cooling. Double check common issues like making sure the fans are spinning, the pump in the AIO is running, and that there's thermal paste between the cooler and CPU (and no plastic sticker under the cooler from where it was in the box).

It hits 100° as soon as I click the start button on cinebench for single run. So, I guess there is some issue with cooling.

Fans and AIO pump are running fine, I even forcing all fans to run at max RPM and it still went to 100° straight.

I know thermal paste is applied and there was no plastic in between when cooler was installed.

I guess the issue is with air flow.

I will also try to undervolt the cpu as suggested by RONOTHAN.

4 minutes ago, thisisjaymehta said:

It hits 100° as soon as I click the start button on cinebench for single run. So, I guess there is some issue with cooling.

Not really, if there was issues with the cooling, it wouldn't be scoring as well as it is. A non-thermal throttling 13900K should be doing 40k in R23. If it had one of the cooling issues @Spotty mentioned, it would likely be scoring well below 30k. It's still not optimal, but it's likely just trying to use way more voltage than what's actually necessary. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, i have the EXACT same issue with my 13900k. At the moment i click to run cinnebench it hits 100c. i have a deepcool 360 aio.