Fans blowing air in or out?

Birblover12

Simple question, I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 PC and I recently bought some fans for it. However, I'm unsure whether I should be blowing air into my case or out of it. It should be noted that the ONLY preexisting fans in the case are the ones on the GPU, CPU, and PSU. 

My case is below (not exact case just a generic picture). The GPU pushes the hot air down, and the CPU out (there's ventilation holes in the side of the case for the CPU) so I've been told that because hot air rises that I should exhausting air not pushing more in, I also considered one blowing air in and one blowing air out but I'm open to your guys thoughts! 

image.png.1210cab5f0de46fad49ec408f50a8f6d.png

Tl;Dr: Need help deciding what direction to put fans.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

33 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

Simple question, I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 PC and I recently bought some fans for it. However, I'm unsure whether I should be blowing air into my case or out of it. It should be noted that the ONLY preexisting fans in the case are the ones on the GPU, CPU, and PSU. 

My case is below (not exact case just a generic picture). The GPU pushes the hot air down, and the CPU out (there's ventilation holes in the side of the case for the CPU) so I've been told that because hot air rises that I should exhausting air not pushing more in, I also considered one blowing air in and one blowing air out but I'm open to your guys thoughts! 

image.png.1210cab5f0de46fad49ec408f50a8f6d.png

One blowing air in and one blowing air out would be your best bet.  the GPU is actually pulling air up into the heatsink instead of pushing air down as in your picture, not that it makes much difference.   You want fresh air in and hot air out so one intake and one exhaust would be best.  You want to replace the volume of air inside the case as fast as possible and having air in and out will help cool other components like VRM's on the motherboard and the RAM. Also helps bring fresh air to the GPU. Your paint skills are better than mine.  Sorry for dark picture, I use a program that dimms my entire PC's brightness when I work late night and it affects everything.
image.png.b74d06c9d45d31cf4e8ff236de3c7ea2.png

25 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

1 intake at the front and 1 on the rear like usual. @Hinjima hits it in terms of technical perspective.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

38 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

1 intake at the front and 1 on the rear like usual. @Hinjima hits it in terms of technical perspective.

I don't think I have the ability to put a fan on the front of the case? The picture @Hinjimaprovided where the front fan should go is actually a mount for a harddrive unless I'm mistaken, and even if there was the front of the case doesn't really have anywhere for the fans to suck air in from. Is there a better alternative?

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

7 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

I don't think I have the ability to put a fan on the front of the case? The picture @Hinjimaprovided where the front fan should go is actually a mount for a harddrive unless I'm mistaken, and even if there was the front of the case doesn't really have anywhere for the fans to suck air in from. Is there a better alternative?

one exhaust fan will do then, it will draw air from all the other openings in the case. Its not ideal but should work. Are you able to give us information as to what parts you are using?  Check if its a mount for hard drives, it might be removable.

gpus intake and out the sides. if you can mod a fan in front do that. the cooler is a down draft cooler so it just needs to get air from some were so back fan would be exhaust.  another mod would be to add a fan for cpu intake and cut a slot for gpu exhaust and remove all slot covers. bout the best you can really do.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links