Ryzen 7900X3D and Motherboard

Hi. Good day. I'd like to ask for your opinion (for my AMD build) about these combinations :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D

Motherboard Options :
Asus ROG Strix B650-A
MSI PRO X670 P WiFi
• Gigabyte B650 Aero
• Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX

What do you think is the best board for the CPU? I'm open for suggestion.

Newbie question, what's the difference between 650 and 670 Motherboard? Does it have a huge difference in terms of CPU performance?

I will mainly do video-editing and productivity then like 30% Gaming.

TIA!

typically you can get the less expensive boards when there's a choice between several. Unless there's a specific feature of the more expensive boards (wifi or more pci-e/ram slots ect...) then they're mostly the same.

When it comes to the performance of the CPU, as long as the board's VRMs aren't so low quality that the CPU throttles, it won't have any impact on performance at all. None of those boards will have any issue keeping up with a 7900X3D.

Which board is the "best" depends on how well it meets your needs.

The main difference between B650 and X670 boards has to do with the level of connectivity - how much I/O the board has, and how many headers/slots are on it. Additionally, X670 boards can support a higher amount of PCIe Gen 5 connections, but this will vary from board to board. You'll want to check out the support pages to see if the slots support the level of PCIe you are expecting.

Thank you @emosunand @YoungBlade

Just a question, I saw these two motherboard
B650M AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.x)
MSI PRO X670-P WIFI

Between the two, I noticed the power connector on the Gigabyte is only 8 and 16 on the MSI - is there a huge difference if I use Ryzen 9 7900X3D on the Gigabyte motherboard? I will only use two m.2 gen4 SSD, 1x 2.5 SSD and 1x 3.5 HDD, would there be any compatibility issue?

Thank you!

I'd go with the X670 because it is the better overall chipset. 

Specs: Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Wraith Prism(locked at 4.2 ghz)

32 GB(4x8) Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 MHZ CL 16 RAM

Asus Prime B550M-A Wi-Fi

3 SSD(250 nVME+480+250)

Cooler Master H500 w/ 750W +80 Bronze PSU

MSI GTX 670 Jurassic Park edition(i don't know the model name it is just as old as a dinosaur)

5 hours ago, LorelynF said:

Thank you @emosunand @YoungBlade

Just a question, I saw these two motherboard
B650M AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.x)
MSI PRO X670-P WIFI

Between the two, I noticed the power connector on the Gigabyte is only 8 and 16 on the MSI - is there a huge difference if I use Ryzen 9 7900X3D on the Gigabyte motherboard? I will only use two m.2 gen4 SSD, 1x 2.5 SSD and 1x 3.5 HDD, would there be any compatibility issue?

Thank you!

so long as the the cpu is compatible there shouldnt be too much of a noticeable difference