How to add a Spoiler on reply ?

YTTL

Newbie , I notice when I attached a picture or youtube link , it oversize this reply box.I can't find any hide spoiler drop down either.

How do I active spoiler to hide the youtube or large image ?

Spoiler

image.png.0a603e46c984b00130288111f67079fd.png

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:
  Hide contents

image.png.0a603e46c984b00130288111f67079fd.png

Thank you , apologize , not familiar with the setting.

I have other question , how do I drag and increase the reply size ? It is too short and I want to drag larger for the reply to read the quote together.

5 minutes ago, YTTL said:

I have other question , how do I drag and increase the reply size ? It is too short and I want to drag larger for the reply to read the quote together.

I am not sure what you mean by that. Large quotes are collapsed by default and can be expanded to read the whole thing. If you're talking about full quotes vs partial quotes, partial quotes only quote what you highlighted by dragging your mouse. If you're talking about images, you just double click the image to alter the size.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, YTTL said:

Additionally, on desktop you can resize edit box by dragging handle on bottom right corner. To split quotes, press enter two times in a row. Works on mobile also.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, YTTL said:

Newbie , I notice when I attached a picture or youtube link , it oversize this reply box.I can't find any hide spoiler drop down either.

How do I active spoiler to hide the youtube or large image ?

If you ever have bugs dealing with the forum software and your browser, like I sometimes do, you can create spoilers manually in the text box by typing what I have below if the button doesn't work.

[spoiler]*content*[/spoiler]

This also works if you wanna bold your text and/or add italics

[b]*text*[/b]

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

23 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

I am not sure what you mean by that. Large quotes are collapsed by default and can be expanded to read the whole thing. If you're talking about full quotes vs partial quotes, partial quotes only quote what you highlighted by dragging your mouse. If you're talking about images, you just double click the image to alter the size.

Like this current post , I quote 3 post and I prefer to drag down to read all the post with picture attached

but I can't drag the red border edge

1026935795_Screenshotfrom2023-03-2021-20-12.thumb.png.3806fdead0e0a510965d3c10384fc66f.png

[

21 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Additionally, on desktop you can resize edit box by dragging handle on bottom right corner. To split quotes, press enter two times in a row. Works on mobile also.

I am on chrome browser

12 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If you ever have bugs dealing with the forum software and your browser, like I sometimes do, you can create spoilers manually in the text box by typing what I have below if the button doesn't work.

[spoiler]*content*[/spoiler]

This also works if you wanna bold your text and/or add italics

[b]*text*[/b]

If anyone able to set it and not mine , it maybe a bug for me.

beside , how do I preview this reply ? There is no preview button but only submit reply.

3 hours ago, YTTL said:

I am on chrome browser

My bad, I haven't had need for that function in ages, must have been different version of forums. You can resize whole box by adjusting browser zoom, but it only has like one wide setting and thats it.

3 hours ago, YTTL said:

beside , how do I preview this reply ? There is no preview button but only submit reply.

The editor is WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). There's no need for preview since you see what it looks like while editing. If you are making longer posts and would like to preview it, we have Test Posts section for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, YTTL said:

Like this current post , I quote 3 post and I prefer to drag down to read all the post with picture attached

Reveal hidden contents

1026935795_Screenshotfrom2023-03-2021-20-12.thumb.png.3806fdead0e0a510965d3c10384fc66f.png

[

I am on chrome browser

If anyone able to set it and not mine , it maybe a bug for me.

Are you posting on mobile or desktop? On desktop, there's a piece of paper with a magnifying glass next to the Delete button(trash can). That will allow you to preview your post.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

On 3/21/2023 at 12:54 AM, LogicalDrm said:

My bad, I haven't had need for that function in ages, must have been different version of forums. You can resize whole box by adjusting browser zoom, but it only has like one wide setting and thats it.

The editor is WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). There's no need for preview since you see what it looks like while editing. If you are making longer posts and would like to preview it, we have Test Posts section for it.

Sometimes I want to read all quote above because the attach picture is too large cover up all the reply above.Since someone pointed out there is a spoiler option and preview , pretty much my request for those function board reply is fully answered.

Thank you moderator.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:08 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

Are you posting on mobile or desktop? On desktop, there's a piece of paper with a magnifying glass next to the Delete button(trash can). That will allow you to preview your post.

Thanks , never notice those icon preview.Different forum board having icon function not familiar with new invision board. 😃

I had another question ,does it have a function to save as draft ? 

27 minutes ago, YTTL said:

I had another question ,does it have a function to save as draft ? 

I don't think so. It will automatically save whatever you had in last if you leave to do something else and come back, but it carries over to whatever you decide to post in next.