Whats your "how did i just know about this" moments in tech?

SorryBella

Pretty self explanatory. We all learn about things that we own or used to own in many ways, but sometimes it just comes - either by accident or by frustration - far later than when you expected to know about it.

Lets start with mine today. I have a massive issue with G29 after i got a new, far thicker desk (40mm in height, while my old one was just a 5mm thick tempered glass), in that i cant clamp it down to my desk. So i decided to go and box it, and save up for a sim rig commission. Well right now after 2 years of post-pandemic financial struggles, i get to commissioned one finally... only to realize that my desk fit the G29 after all because of this picture, while i was googling for the G29 steering and pedal template. 

driving-force-racing-wheel.jpg

Yep. you can just remove the clamp extender. Dont get me wrong it was hard as all get out because i never knew it was a thing and its practically new, but lo and behold it fits. Its still uncomfortable to sit on my dining table and yoga mat combo, but atleast i can finally play AC again.

So, what about yours? Whats your "how the (advertiser friendly word) did i just know about this thing" moment, either recently or in the past.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

That getting the  ryzen 5 5500 was not a good idea 😬😬

Edited by UnknownWallsTwitch
Forgot to say ryzen

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

12 minutes ago, UnknownWallsTwitch said:

That getting the  ryzen 5 5500 was not a good idea 😬😬

The massive cut in cache really is a slap in the face especially when 5600 non X gets to retain it. Atleast its not like 3500 that was china-exclusive where the cutdown also included with SMT hardware disabled out of the box which is so bullshit because now theyre pretty much struggling in a lot of games that utilizes more than 6 threads, and atleast its not the 4000 series Renoir CPU that pretends to be the budget conscious version igpu for the 500 series chipset motherboard when 5600G exists with Zen 3 while 4000 series are stuck with Zen 2.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.