Im very new to pc builds/bulding whatever and im looking into a cpu for my first build halp please.

So ive recently been looking into building a pc mainly for gaming and maybe running a few apps in the backround so i thought i need somthing kinda cheap and cheerfull y'know under around 250 canadian

I have been looking at two cpus in particular the amd ryzen 5 5600x and the amd ryzen 7 5700x ive done quite a bit of research and seen in some cases the 5600x performs better in some titles like fortnite csgo valorant ect but with the ryzen 7 5700x it performs better then the 5600x in more titles (its hard for me to understand/tell you because im not good with computers) 

As far as benchmarks/comparison sites go the ryzen 7 5700x outperforms the ryzen 5 5600x aside from the clockspeed (which is 3.4 up to 4.6) i dont know if thats a very large differential to the base clock speed of the ryzen 5 5600x being 3.7 but if anybody knows which cpu to go with or consider buying please let me know ( or any other cpus that i dont know of and are better within my price range)

Thanks 🙂

sites i used for benchamark info

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X/4085vs4084

https://versus.com/en/amd-ryzen-5-5600x-vs-amd-ryzen-7-5800x

My upcoming build specs (the rest if it matters lol)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6BB4zf

17 minutes ago, AceofSpades5942 said:

sites i used for benchamark info

And this is where i say to stop doing so. Both Userbench and Versus uses a HEAVILY skewed and flawed methodology in quickly comparing between both CPU and GPU. And Userbenchmark is even worse with their ethics due to their changes in methodology that causes a massive jump in rankings for Intel CPU in the middle of the Ryzen 3000 series launch. Stick to actual reviewers that compares CPUs at launch. Linus Tech Tips is a good place to start in that (obvious why in why it comes in mind first), but Hardware Unboxed, Gamers Nexus, TechPowerUp, and Anandtech (especially for things Ian Cutress wrote, before he left Anandtech in February 2022) is a good shout as well.

26 minutes ago, AceofSpades5942 said:

My upcoming build specs (the rest if it matters lol)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6BB4zf

So around 1300$ CAD in budget, i assume? CSGO loves all the cores and clock speed it can get so thats why 5700X is favorable there especially in 1080p. For Fortnite and Valorant though those are pretty bounded by the GPU in terms of speed thanks to their more optimized resource usage. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($249.98 @ Best Buy Canada) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.00 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($163.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX6700XT CLD 12G Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX650F 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.89 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1302.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-19 00:14 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kq6m9r

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

The 6800 just buy used off ebay they go for around 600cad, but if you want a cheaper gpu then rtx 3070 go for around 450cad

The 5500 is just much cheaper than the 5600, besides allcore 4.6-4.8ghz oc on the 5500 will make it match the 5600 and running your rams as close to or at 5000 will remedy the 16mb cache limitation effectively crushing the 5600 while being cheaper, though 5000 ddr4 is a pain and requires a ram fan so id reccomend buying used 4gb sticks of samsung k4a4g085we (4gbit e die) or hynix 4gbit afr (afr written on ram label and/or ram ic itself and 8 ram ics not 4) and run in a 4x4 configuration, ram speed is limited to 4200-4400 depending on imc but much easier to run stable than 5000, dual rank makes it perform equally or better than 5000 single rank ddr4 and no ram fan needed as long as you loosen useless cas latency and twcl. If you dont wanna tune ram (laughably easy to tune mild speed 4000-4400) then the kit i chose will suffice

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

The 5500 is just much cheaper than the 5600, besides allcore 4.6-4.8ghz oc on the 5500 will make it match the 5600 and running your rams as close to or at 5000 will remedy the 16mb cache limitation effectively crushing the 5600 while being cheaper, though 5000 ddr4 is a pain and requires a ram fan so id reccomend buying used 4gb sticks of samsung k4a4g085we (4gbit e die) or hynix 4gbit afr (afr written on ram label and/or ram ic itself and 8 ram ics not 4) and run in a 4x4 configuration, ram speed is limited to 4200-4400 depending on imc but much easier to run stable than 5000, dual rank makes it perform equally or better than 5000 single rank ddr4 and no ram fan needed as long as you loosen useless cas latency and twcl. If you dont wanna tune ram (laughably easy to tune mild speed 4000-4400) then the kit i chose will suffice

OP is new to PC building and i think its just better to respect that instead of overwhelming them with theoretical tweaking measures to have performance parity. If OP switches my build for a 5600X theyd have enough budget to go for the used RX 6800 you mentioned.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

12 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

OP is new to PC building and i think its just better to respect that instead of overwhelming them with theoretical tweaking measures to have performance parity. If OP switches my build for a 5600X theyd have enough budget to go for the used RX 6800 you mentioned.

Well maybe not the ram oc itself even if it is laughably easy cause picking the rams is a whole other thing and im alot more accustomed to the used market

but like a simple multiplier change to 46 and vcore change to 1.3 or 1.35v? i simply cannot belive that anyone is stupid enough to not be able to change 2 settings, not even a newbie without guidance cant do something that simple, and the 60cad you save over a 5600 is quite significant