iam so sick of BSOD

Waffl3s

lately i've been getting a lot of bsod about 'nvlddmkm.sys' is it a hardware or software issue, i can see its common a lot but no solutions for this error. i cant get work done on my pc cause of this error and helps or suggestions?

Hee Hee ~ Michael Jackson 
🥱

4 minutes ago, Waffl3s said:

lately i've been getting a lot of bsod about 'nvlddmkm.sys' is it a hardware or software issue, i can see its common a lot but no solutions for this error. i cant get work done on my pc cause of this error and helps or suggestions?

No worries, what are the specs?

42 minutes ago, Waffl3s said:

If you can, upload the crashdump minifiles here and I can deconstruct them and see what's going on

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Waffl3s said:

Seems it's a old buggy NVidia file, can't you DDU and reinstall NVidia drivers ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 3/19/2023 at 3:15 AM, PDifolco said:

Seems it's a old buggy NVidia file, can't you DDU and reinstall NVidia drivers ?

i did that still giving me the BSOD error its about "Video TDR Failure" image.png.20366c5453bb886dc355bd89366e6405.png

🥱

On 3/19/2023 at 2:47 AM, Radium_Angel said:

If you can, upload the crashdump minifiles here and I can deconstruct them and see what's going on

032023-21234-01.dmpi hope this helps 

🥱

17 hours ago, Waffl3s said:

032023-21234-01.dmpi hope this helps 

LTT is still afflicted by the "can't connect securely" bug on downloads, I'll try again when I get home

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Your BSOD Stop code is: TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x116---video-tdr-failure

Basically, your GPU is under heavy load and no longer responds for over 2sec (default). Windows tried to restart the driver, thinking that the driver has crashed, but that has failed as well. In other words, the GPU was really not responding.

Here is what I would do:

• Confirm the problem is not with a specific game.
  • If your GPU is OC'ed (beside the minor OC from the manufacture), I would restore to default.
  • I would also uninstall MSI Afterburner / EVGA Precision completely, even you don't run them. I had similar issue with MSI Afterburner being installed. However, in my case, it was with a GeForce 680... so probably the app wasn't tested anymore with such old GPU. So maybe there is a bug with your specific GPU.
  • Check for vBIOS update for your GPU from the manufacture website and update it.
  • Use DDU under Windows Safe Mode to remove Nvidia drivers and install the latest drivers. If that doesn't help, try an older driver or the latest beta driver.

On 3/21/2023 at 6:07 PM, GoodBytes said:

Your BSOD Stop code is: TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x116---video-tdr-failure

Basically, your GPU is under heavy load and no longer responds for over 2sec (default). Windows tried to restart the driver, thinking that the driver has crashed, but that has failed as well. In other words, the GPU was really not responding.

Here is what I would do:

• Confirm the problem is not with a specific game.
  • If your GPU is OC'ed (beside the minor OC from the manufacture), I would restore to default.
  • I would also uninstall MSI Afterburner / EVGA Precision completely, even you don't run them. I had similar issue with MSI Afterburner being installed. However, in my case, it was with a GeForce 680... so probably the app wasn't tested anymore with such old GPU. So maybe there is a bug with your specific GPU.
  • Check for vBIOS update for your GPU from the manufacture website and update it.
  • Use DDU under Windows Safe Mode to remove Nvidia drivers and install the latest drivers. If that doesn't help, try an older driver or the latest beta driver.

i basically did try everything but still stuck with the problem. i tried to contact Nvidia about the problem they suggested to do an BIOS update and to talk to ASUS (my motherboard manufacturer). Asus told me to do a fresh installation of Windows, but i dont think installing a fresh windows will do anything. correct me if iam wrong

🥱

10 hours ago, Waffl3s said:

i basically did try everything but still stuck with the problem. i tried to contact Nvidia about the problem they suggested to do an BIOS update and to talk to ASUS (my motherboard manufacturer). Asus told me to do a fresh installation of Windows, but i dont think installing a fresh windows will do anything. correct me if iam wrong

Well, you could go the radical route:

Get a usb stick

Install onto the usb stick a LiveUSB install of something like Linux Mint. It's very Windows-like.

Boot to that USB stick and install steam to the usb stick and stress your video card. Linux is very intolerant of bad hardware. If Linux crashes, you have a hardware issue. If linux behaves, you have a software (windows) corruption

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Get a usb stick

Install onto the usb stick a LiveUSB install of something like Linux Mint. It's very Windows-like.

Boot to that USB stick and install steam to the usb stick and stress your video card. Linux is very intolerant of bad hardware. If Linux crashes, you have a hardware issue. If linux behaves, you have a software (windows) corruption

will give it a try and will come back with an update. Thank you 

🥱

Edited by Waffl3s

🥱

23 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Get a usb stick

UPDATE!
so after i stressed my GPU in linux using GLMARK2. i got a score of 1536 without crashing. so i guess the problem is with windows?

also for a clean installation of windows will i loose the files in Disk C or will it just install a fresh Windows 10?

🥱

2 hours ago, Waffl3s said:

UPDATE!
so after i stressed my GPU in linux using GLMARK2. i got a score of 1536 without crashing. so i guess the problem is with windows?

also for a clean installation of windows will i loose the files in Disk C or will it just install a fresh Windows 10?

I'd do more than just a stress test, you can install steam (to the USB stick) and play some games.

Really run it through the paces. 

I fresh install would be best for windows, which means any data on drive C would have to be backed up first as otherwise you'd lose it all

On 3/25/2023 at 5:13 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I'd do more than just a stress test, you can install steam (to the USB stick) and play some games.

Really run it through the paces. 

I fresh install would be best for windows, which means any data on drive C would have to be backed up first as otherwise you'd lose it all

i think my GPU died. last i got the BSOD again, when i restarted my pc there was no video input detected and my GPU fans didn't start when my pc booted into windows (usually it does). on my motherboard the VGA_LED is red and the BOOT_DEVICE_LED blinks red once. from my research on the internet i came into a conclusion that my GPU died. Thank you for all your time and your knowledge. please correct me if i am wrong .

🥱

1 hour ago, Waffl3s said:

i think my GPU died. last i got the BSOD again, when i restarted my pc there was no video input detected and my GPU fans didn't start when my pc booted into windows (usually it does). on my motherboard the VGA_LED is red and the BOOT_DEVICE_LED blinks red once. from my research on the internet i came into a conclusion that my GPU died. Thank you for all your time and your knowledge. please correct me if i am wrong .

That does sound like a dead GPU

• 2 weeks later...

Use a Nvidia driver Uninstaller and rip out any reference of their driver or utility on your system. Then reinstall fresh.

Windows doesn't write Nvidia's drivers.