Flashing higher clocked BIOS to mobile GPU

da na

My mobile workstation has a Quadro K4000M graphics card, pretty solid little card but it is held back by its low clockspeed of 650mhz on AC and 135mhz on battery. 
Would it explode if I flash a modified BIOS with an increased clockspeed? Thinking maybe 800mhz AC, 600mhz battery. The displays are run from the Intel CPU graphics, not from the Nvidia card so doing a flash wouldn't be too hard. 
How would I go about doing this, though? Just use NVflash, dump the BIOS ROM of the card, modify the clockspeed and... just flash? Would I need to do any driver weirdness or would it be good to go?

I'm thinking that's a good way to brick the card. I'd rather overclock it than flashing a non-standard BIOS

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

39 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'm thinking that's a good way to brick the card. I'd rather overclock it than flashing a non-standard BIOS

That's what I was thinking. But it's a Kepler Quadro, so I can't overclock it. 

Is that a driver or BIOS limitation? Would I need to flash a custom BIOS anyway to rid the card of the OC limit? 

1 minute ago, da na said:

That's what I was thinking. But it's a Kepler Quadro, so I can't overclock it. 

Is that a driver or BIOS limitation? Would I need to flash a custom BIOS anyway to rid the card of the OC limit? 

It's a Quadro, they are designed for stability in workstations. I suspect it's a combination of both. I mean, flash if you want to, but I super expect you brick the card (look at the challenges in the LTT video thread "hacking nVidia's drivers" for an expectation of what you are up against.)

TBH, it's be easier to sell that card and buy a faster one, but that's just my opinion. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

It's a Quadro, they are designed for stability in workstations. I suspect it's a combination of both. I mean, flash if you want to, but I super expect you brick the card (look at the challenges in the LTT video thread "hacking nVidia's drivers" for an expectation of what you are up against.)

TBH, it's be easier to sell that card and buy a faster one, but that's just my opinion. 

Overclock - nVidia Quadro K5000M | Overclockers UK Forums

Found this old thread. 

I could definitely sell the card and buy a GTX 980m and hack it into my Precision, but honestly I don't want to spend much more money on this machine. Would rather work with what I already have. I'll try flashing a new BIOS and if I fail dramatically, I have a soldering iron.

1 minute ago, da na said:

Overclock - nVidia Quadro K5000M | Overclockers UK Forums

Found this old thread. 

I could definitely sell the card and buy a GTX 980m and hack it into my Precision, but honestly I don't want to spend much more money on this machine. Would rather work with what I already have. I'll try flashing a new BIOS and if I fail dramatically, I have a soldering iron.

I hear ya!

If you are successful, post a tutorial here, might help other LTT forum members.