AC Infinity... Opinions on use or something else?

DekuNut

Hiya,

Wondering if anyone is using or has used the above brand for AV cooling. I'm just about to move into a new house with a built storage unit (see photo) which ideally needs to house my consoles and bluray/AV setup. Nothing is mega expensive but I need the unit to have a clean look to it once done, I plan on having a LG C2 42" OLED on an arm (thinking I could put holes in the top of the unit for air escape) that should push back nicely into the space (with a shelf removed) and inside the unit ideally a Wii/WiiU, PS 2, 3, 4, Switch, Xbox 360, LG home theatre system, apple tv, and a few hard drives for the games consoles, as a bonus I have a load of mini consoles that could also go in if room. 

I was specifically looking at https://acinfinity.com/component-cooling/cabinet-fan-systems/airplate-t8-white-home-theater-and-av-quiet-cabinet-cooling-dual-fan-system-6-inch/ but its very expensive in the UK (nearly $200 USD) so want to know its either worth the investment or should I just look at something else such as opening up the doors and replacing the wood inner panels with white speaker fabric etc.

Any thoughts very gratefully received, I have about 8 weeks before I move in.

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 13.24.31.png

AC Infinity is a great brand, But if there is no access to cold air (intake) for the fans to work then it will still be hotboxing in those cabnets

Yeah, they work pretty well, and while there are more homemade solutions out there that might save you a few bucks, they just work once you install them.

The thing with that arrangement is that you'll need a path for the airflow - putting some holes behind the tv area would be a good start for air to flow out, but you need somewhere for cool air to flow in. Replacing the doors with something that has a mesh or screen to allow air to flow through would be one way. Other than that, the whole thing is pretty enclosed...

Looking at that though, it looks like you might have room for a 42" TV at most, too small for me. I'd have to make the cardinal sin of putting the TV above what I assume is a fireplace on the left.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm ok with the 42" it's the perfect size (within 4cm) for the width.

Thanks for the advice RE AC Infinity, seems like maybe a clean solution. Thinking white speaker fabric on the front and then a clean exhaust at the top, maybe overkill considering what will be in there and on at any one time though.

I'll update again when I get stuck or "show and tell" 🙂

Modern consoles chuck out a ton of heat, so having something that can pull warm air out of the cabinet is a good idea. It's unfortunate that that one cabinet is surrounded on all sides.