Solo traveling from Denmark is expensive. Anyone wanna join? /hj

LisaMiza

I'm going to LTX alone and looking at plane tickets from Denmark to Vancouver. For fun i added another person, and waow... it only costs like 15-20% more!!

As someone who doesn't have anyone to travel with this is quite annoying to know. I get that there's tasks that take about the same amount of time if there's one or a few more, like payment and some of the airport stuff - depending on the type of traveler oc, ie. using one suitcase for 2 people.

But like, eh? That much difference? I don't believe it.

I'm wondering how that pricing works, but also if it'd be worth it to find another person going to ltx, to split the bill/go with. I know of like 0 friends that are going, even among internet friends 馃檭

Edit: i'm dumb.

For reference i'm using skyscanner without any kind of proxy or vpn and from my home computer, since I have found it doesn't make a difference for that website afaik.

I may be unhinged day to day, but I do still got some sense in me

I'm not sure what your airfare price is looking like, but you may be able to shave off a few bucks by purchasing separate one way tickets or by flying into a different Canadian airport and then take a flight to Vancouver (after going through customs and another check-in). It's more work but can potentially save you a lot of money.

This is a rough example, but, for example:

Copenhagen to Toronto

image.thumb.png.b9f22b2bb44fc29278131bfe12ff7615.png

And then Toronto to Vancouver

image.thumb.png.3afa889a19612fe19ffeaf2ac3954817.png

Just something to look into. Don't forget to look into baggage prices for budget airlines as well as any other fees. If you go this route, give yourself ample time between flights, because you'll have to go through customs and immigration at Toronto, grab your bags, then check-in, and go through security. I've done a healthy amount of traveling and would target at least 2 hours between flights.

You're already using Skyscanner which is great. Another favorite travel resource is Flight Connections. It lets you see all direct routes from all airports and all airlines. Very useful.

https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-from-copenhagen-cph

COMIC SANS

• 3 weeks later...

Woups, forgot I made this post x)

Thank ya for the other聽travel resource 鉂わ笍聽I have also thought about doing multiple smaller jumps yea, but last time i tried to vaca in Israel it wasn't cheaper. Need to look into it again tho! 馃槃

I may be unhinged day to day, but I do still got some sense in me