Xbox Packet Loss 100%

shea99

So im experiencing quite bad lag on warzone at the moment. Done a speedtest on the xbox to have this returned

Down: 148.42 Mbps

Up: 22.04 Mbps

Packet loss : 100%

Latency: 30ms

Wireless strength: 100 %

Ive tried forgetting the network and clearing the mac address as well as hard resseting both the xbox and the router. 

A speedtest on the same network on my phone shows 0% packet loss.

any help as to resolve this would be much appreciated 

Can you run the xbox via wired?

Curious if it would yield anything different

Also, you might find pingplotter of some use

https://www.pingplotter.com/

Very helpful when troubleshooting network latency, but it does have a bit of learning curve to it

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Can you run the xbox via wired?

Curious if it would yield anything different

Also, you might find pingplotter of some use

https://www.pingplotter.com/

Very helpful when troubleshooting network latency, but it does have a bit of learning curve to it

Plugged directly into the router with a 10m cable running through the house. Still the same issue 100% packet loss. Potentially a port issue ? Done a test on my phone again and no packet loss. 

I have recently installed a WiFi card into my pc which was using a wired connection through a powerline adapter previously

1 hour ago, shea99 said:

Plugged directly into the router with a 10m cable running through the house. Still the same issue 100% packet loss. Potentially a port issue ? Done a test on my phone again and no packet loss. 

I have recently installed a WiFi card into my pc which was using a wired connection through a powerline adapter previously

To clarify ive also tried connecting to my mobile hotspot with reported speeds of 60 up 10 down and 80-90 latency and again the packet loss issue remains at 100%

37 minutes ago, shea99 said:

To clarify ive also tried connecting to my mobile hotspot with reported speeds of 60 up 10 down and 80-90 latency and again the packet loss issue remains at 100%

Sounds like it's an xbox problem, rather than an ISP issue.

Can you take the xbox to a friend's house and try their internet?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

The two things may be unrelated even, as it literally can't be 100% packet loss or you'd have no connection. 😉

Of course if Xbox have a network issue it could be 100% breaking the test while not being 100% in reality.  But to see a speed test and then 100% packet loss is amusing, given that being impossible.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

The two things may be unrelated even, as it literally can't be 100% packet loss or you'd have no connection. 😉

Of course if Xbox have a network issue it could be 100% breaking the test while not being 100% in reality.  But to see a speed test and then 100% packet loss is amusing, given that being impossible.

Could be a 100% UDP drop but the TCP is fine, therefore he can log in Xbox Live and download stuff correctly, but the ping and throughput test using UDP fails.

21 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like an issue thats been reported quite often recently according to an advisor from microsoft, however they cant conclude that its a known issue atm stupidly. Guess ill have to stick to hogwarts legacy for the time being 😅 thanks for the help all