Constantly lit up Motherboard

Hey, recently i've got a problem with my motherboard which is Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5.

Couple days ago ive decided to switch my RGB color, launched RGB Fusion 2.0 and while changing colors ive noticed that only the color of my 1070ti (also form Gigabyte) changes while the MB lights are still the same, decided to reinstall the app which didnt help at all, after spending some time looking through options and stuff i gave up and decided that im gonna head to bed, i've shut down the pc and there it is the MB lights are still on. Unplugged the psu cord which resulted in lights dying but when i plugged it back in they lit up again. All the things i do within the app or bios result in only gpu responding to the changes.The MB is constantly lit up doesnt matter if the pc is on or off and im unable to switch the colors.

I've tried everything i could think of for now

• reinstalling the app,
  • using OpenRGB
  • reinstalling the drivers
  • reinstalling the bios,
  • updating the bios to f15
  • trying to change color of the lights / switching them off from bios
  • reset the pc to factory settings (from windows settings)

That didnt do anything. Im not much of a technical person so i dont rly know what else can i do to fix that. It used to work fine and broke after i tried to change it within the software. I tried to contact gigabyte support but they dont seem to be interested, probably gonna w8 3 days for an answer like " did you try to turn it off and on again ".

Did any1 encounter something like that or similar and could help me out ? If thats possible id like it to work properly if not just turn it off completely so it doesnt illuminate my room at night.

My PC specs are

• Gigabyte Z370 Aorus gaming 5 (F15 bios)

• Gigabyte 1070ti 8GB

• Intel i5-8600k 4.7 ghz  OCd

• 16gb of Corsair 2133mhz RAM

• 1 TB ssd

• Win 10

23 minutes ago, bigOunce2137 said:

Hey, recently i've got a problem with my motherboard which is Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5.

Couple days ago ive decided to switch my RGB color, launched RGB Fusion 2.0 and while changing colors ive noticed that only the color of my 1070ti (also form Gigabyte) changes while the MB lights are still the same, decided to reinstall the app which didnt help at all, after spending some time looking through options and stuff i gave up and decided that im gonna head to bed, i've shut down the pc and there it is the MB lights are still on. Unplugged the psu cord which resulted in lights dying but when i plugged it back in they lit up again. All the things i do within the app or bios result in only gpu responding to the changes.The MB is constantly lit up doesnt matter if the pc is on or off and im unable to switch the colors.

I've tried everything i could think of for now

• reinstalling the app,
  • using OpenRGB
  • reinstalling the drivers
  • reinstalling the bios,
  • updating the bios to f15
  • trying to change color of the lights / switching them off from bios
  • reset the pc to factory settings (from windows settings)

That didnt do anything. Im not much of a technical person so i dont rly know what else can i do to fix that. It used to work fine and broke after i tried to change it within the software. I tried to contact gigabyte support but they dont seem to be interested, probably gonna w8 3 days for an answer like " did you try to turn it off and on again ".

Did any1 encounter something like that or similar and could help me out ? If thats possible id like it to work properly if not just turn it off completely so it doesnt illuminate my room at night.

My PC specs are

• Gigabyte Z370 Aorus gaming 5 (F15 bios)

• Gigabyte 1070ti 8GB

• Intel i5-8600k 4.7 ghz  OCd

• 16gb of Corsair 2133mhz RAM

• 1 TB ssd

• Win 10

i have that too, its normal, as long as the motherboard is getting power (power cord is in psu and psu isnt turned off) it will light up, just shut off psu, if you cant change the lights on the motherboard in the app, try a bios update, maybe its outdated bc mine can be turned on, in the app there should be a 'sync devices' or something along the lines of that, it helped me detect my cpu fan light and ram, now it works perfectly (i have AURA SYNC but i hope its a feature there too), and if not try checking your headers, idk whats gonan be wrong with it, but might as well

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

47 minutes ago, Blqckout said:

i have that too, its normal, as long as the motherboard is getting power (power cord is in psu and psu isnt turned off) it will light up, just shut off psu, if you cant change the lights on the motherboard in the app, try a bios update, maybe its outdated bc mine can be turned on, in the app there should be a 'sync devices' or something along the lines of that, it helped me detect my cpu fan light and ram, now it works perfectly (i have AURA SYNC but i hope its a feature there too), and if not try checking your headers, idk whats gonan be wrong with it, but might as well

its not normal at least for me it used to work fine ( when i shut down all the lights were gone) for like 6 years, already updated the bios which didnt help, the app has sync devices button which seems to sync both gpu and mb in the app but when i change things it only affects gpu and mb is like frozen in the same state.
Headers seem fine to me but i am no expert so mostly i dont know what im looking at when it comes to being fine or not.

9 minutes ago, bigOunce2137 said:

its not normal at least for me it used to work fine ( when i shut down all the lights were gone) for like 6 years, already updated the bios which didnt help, the app has sync devices button which seems to sync both gpu and mb in the app but when i change things it only affects gpu and mb is like frozen in the same state.
Headers seem fine to me but i am no expert so mostly i dont know what im looking at when it comes to being fine or not.

strange strange, check optional updates under the windows updates

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)