PC wont show any display (and yes I have tried the obvious) (first build)

So I've had this pc for a while with no os whatsoever, it's a first build. So far it's not been showing any display of any sorts. I've tried some tips like checking the display cables, checking the power supply main cable, reseating the RAM, reseating the GPU and seeing if I'm plugged into the motherboard's HDMI slot instead of my GPU'S slot. Is there anything else I should try or do I have a busted piece?

is your display on the right port? you mentioned HDMI so is your display set to hdmi? or is it looking for displayport? some displays dont auto switch.

do your fans spin up and everything when you press the power button? if not, then it isn't a display issue but a booting issue.

1 minute ago, matt0725 said:

is your display on the right port? you mentioned HDMI so is your display set to hdmi? or is it looking for displayport? some displays dont auto switch.

do your fans spin up and everything when you press the power button? if not, then it isn't a display issue but a booting issue.

My GPU does only have one HDMI slot and yes, my display is set to HDMI. However when I boot up the thing and all everything goes as plan except for the obvious and the 3 front fans that you mention might be a symptom of boot issues. You might be on to something...

Does your board have any diagnostic LEDs? Those might at least point to the general vicinity of the issue

8 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

Does your CPU fan turn on and stay on? what's your system specs?

Well the CPU fan stays on, the fan in general was the one that came with my CPU, which is a Ryzen 5 4000 series. Did you just mean the cpu specs or for the whole pc?

2 minutes ago, Sukhoikip said:

Does your board have any diagnostic LEDs? Those might at least point to the general vicinity of the issue

From what I've seen, no. That's why I've came here.

Reset CMOS

pull GPU and use igpu

pull all RAM except 1 stick

check Mobo test lights - what do they say?

if you have a mobo speaker, what error beep does it sing?

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

45 minutes ago, The No So Great Builder said:

So I've had this pc for a while with no bios whatsoever, it's a first build. So far it's not been showing any display of any sorts. I've tried some tips like checking the display cables, checking the power supply main cable, reseating the RAM, reseating the GPU and seeing if I'm plugged into the motherboard's HDMI slot instead of my GPU'S slot. Is there anything else I should try or do I have a busted piece?

What does "No BIOS whatsoever" mean in this case? Are you sure that the bios on the board supports the IGP-less Renoir CPUs like you have?

2 hours ago, Sukhoikip said:

What does "No BIOS whatsoever" mean in this case? Are you sure that the bios on the board supports the IGP-less Renoir CPUs like you have?

OH! I meant OS. I should edit that

2 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

Reset CMOS

pull GPU and use igpu

There’s no mobo lights or speaker on it but I haven’t tried those 3 other things. I’ll get back to you on this if it works

On 2/7/2023 at 1:40 AM, The No So Great Builder said:

There’s no mobo lights or speaker on it but I haven’t tried those 3 other things. I’ll get back to you on this if it works

Well I’ve tried and…

none of the ideas worked

On 2/6/2023 at 11:31 PM, Action_Johnson said:

Reset CMOS

pull GPU and use igpu