Reacting to the WORST Tech Ads

James
6 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Linus claiming folding phones don't get girls attention, but a few weeks ago I was at a asian shop, and this cute girl behind the counter asked me about it (Fold 3) when I used it to pay, she had been thinking about the 3 or the 4 herself, and wanted to ask me about it, had a nice chat.

Ok sure it was the first time in nearly a year... but hey it's the most attention I've gotten from a cute girl in a long time.

PS my gf didn't care much for my story. Oh well.

I'm sure your gf would also love the implication she isn't cute. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

Does Linus not remember the era of IBM and IBM clones?

He's in his mid 30's, so... no. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

12 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

Does Linus not remember the era of IBM and IBM clones?

If it's prior to the year 2010, it's not on his radar.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

If it's prior to the year 2010, it's not on his radar.

Well that's just not true. 

He says the first PC he built had an Athlon XP, so that puts it firmly in the early 2000's era.

But the era of IBM and IBM clones is the 80's and early 90's. How old do people think Linus is?

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Well that's just not true. 

He says the first PC he built had an Athlon XP, so that puts it firmly in the early 2000's era.

But the era of IBM and IBM clones is the 80's and early 90's. How old do people think Linus is?

That video was posted 6 years ago.

I'd say my point stands.

But being serious for a moment, and putting hyperbole aside, LTT isn't in the habit of doing retro reviews (there are other channels that do that far better) but most of the LTT vids give off the impression that anything older than 2010 has no value, is useless, was always useless and was terrible even when it came out (examine, if you will, the short on Intel's biggest failures...total flamebait of a video)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

That video was posted 6 years ago

So in the past 6 years there was a temporal shift where he wasn't building PC's in the early 2000's? 

I get you're trying to make a point about LTT being unfair to old hardware, but that has nothing to do with the question of "Does he remember the era of IBM and IBM clones." The answer to that question is no, obviously not, and that isn't because of some failing on his part of being unfair to old hardware, it's because he's 36. 

I haven't watched ads since around 2004 or so, but those Asus and MSI commercials are pretty nice to look at.

Our culture was in a better place in the past. 

4 hours ago, Middcore said:

I'm sure your gf would also love the implication she isn't cute. 

Well you know... I gotta make her a little jealous at times, we can't have her thinking that no one wants me!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Linus's comments about the Eeepad Story in regards to BBT was really weird. Like, he realises that it's a blatant parody of the show right?

This guy knows his gloryholes lol (6:53)

image.png.29ac28b876d2ab0cb15a8f24e09bd5d9.png
image.png.b6ba9763e65435234cf3ce5c71ff677b.png

P.S @James about the crossdressing Nintendo ad, it wasn't contradicting (as in if children caught their dad like that, they could extort more money so why settle for cheap games?) children dont buy games in the real world, fathers do (it's the 90s forget about your political correct woke femnazi ideologies 😛 ) so it was targeting them insinuating that you can buy off (or buy happiness for) your children with just 39.99 by buying Nintendo N64 games for them. 

20 hours ago, Hazz3r said:

Linus's comments about the Eeepad Story in regards to BBT was really weird. Like, he realises that it's a blatant parody of the show right?

yea but it was horrible at doing so... me and my friends who are not actors or had acting classes could organize a funnier sketch within 10 minutes lol especially if we had a medicinal bud lol