No audio but really weird

Afro_Lamb

Ive had this issue since last year with windows 10 and persisted through my windows 11 upgrade.

I have all known working hardware and have just graded cpu from i7-6700 to 5700x so that warranted a new board too as well as a new boot SSD and hard drive.

In windows 10, no devices would show up in device manger, settings or sounds until i went into sound settings. Then selected additional sound settings and selected show other sound devices. Besides this, drivers, reinstalling device, repaiting devices with troubleshooter had not effect. If the trouble shooting step existed, I had most likely done it at least a few times.

In windows 11, the devices show up are opening sound settings and selecting more sound settings but only in sound settings would they show up. In the taskbar, no output devices would show up and nothing would play.

The built in sound test would play a sound and testing my microphone showed it was receiving a signal. Voicemeeter never caused any issues relative to my whole os (in windows 10 id do my bandaid fix and everything would work virtual or hardware).

im stuck tryna work out what the problem actually is and how to fix it.

Devices:

ATH-M50x connected to front panel

Behringer UMC22 interface with speakers and an ATH-AT2020 connected

2 display speaker too

I use voicemeeter so the respective devices for that.

33 minutes ago, Afro_Lamb said:

Ive had this issue since last year with windows 10 and persisted through my windows 11 upgrade.

I have all known working hardware and have just graded cpu from i7-6700 to 5700x so that warranted a new board too as well as a new boot SSD and hard drive.

In windows 10, no devices would show up in device manger, settings or sounds until i went into sound settings. Then selected additional sound settings and selected show other sound devices. Besides this, drivers, reinstalling device, repaiting devices with troubleshooter had not effect. If the trouble shooting step existed, I had most likely done it at least a few times.

In windows 11, the devices show up are opening sound settings and selecting more sound settings but only in sound settings would they show up. In the taskbar, no output devices would show up and nothing would play.

The built in sound test would play a sound and testing my microphone showed it was receiving a signal. Voicemeeter never caused any issues relative to my whole os (in windows 10 id do my bandaid fix and everything would work virtual or hardware).

im stuck tryna work out what the problem actually is and how to fix it.

Devices:

ATH-M50x connected to front panel

Behringer UMC22 interface with speakers and an ATH-AT2020 connected

2 display speaker too

I use voicemeeter so the respective devices for that.

The title made me think of “who framed Roger rabbit” had images of having to deal with a toon graphics card.  

I’m not familiar with either device. I also don’t recognize either manufacturer. They sound rather specialized.  There might be an answer from either of those manufacturers but it could also be that your windows instance is just messed up.  Repairing that could be prophylactic. It might also be that the way either product’s systems are set up they may have to be installed during original instal or have their drivers installed at a specific point in the system build to work correctly.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I don't fully understand the problem, looks like a voicemeter specific problem

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

7 hours ago, Psittac said:

I don't fully understand the problem, looks like a voicemeter specific problem

Let me rephrase myself and update real quick. In every way shape and form, All my hardware audio devices (an interface, headphones connected to front panel and 2 monitors) all show up as functioning devices with functioning drivers. I do not hear a single sound whatsoever

Yeah... uninstall voicemeeter and test if everything is working. Take that out of the equation strictly for troubleshooting purposes, and then if your sound works after uninstalling, feel free to reinstall and set back up. Voicemeeter is a very powerful tool but can be easy to mess up the routing.

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

Yeah... uninstall voicemeeter and test if everything is working. Take that out of the equation strictly for troubleshooting purposes, and then if your sound works after uninstalling, feel free to reinstall and set back up. Voicemeeter is a very powerful tool but can be easy to mess up the routing.

with and without voice meeter issue persists

1 hour ago, Afro_Lamb said:

with and without voice meeter issue persists

Pulls stuff till it stops maybe. Have you tried the cmos reset?  You can also turn off drivers in device manager.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I also see you have quite a few programs on the taskbar. FL studio... PS... I'm assuming you purchased them legally, right? ... right?

If not, hopefully the software packages didn't have any hidden extra stuff that you're now just finding out about.

But back on the topic with FL studio, did you install the ASIO drivers when prompted during the installation?

Lastly: try creating a bootable linux OS on a flash drive and boot from the flash drive to test if the audio works fine on your machine with a different operating system.