Cpu idles at 65 with great airflow

Go to solution Solved by Gokul_P,
Just now, Tonytk2 said:

65 seems very hot for idle, will it affect the life of my cpu? 

Cpu is designed to run on safely upto the TJMAX so it wont effect its life but you will loose perfomance alot. 

Hey so my cpus been running hot for a while and i really dont know why, it usually idles around 65 degrees C, i have 6 fans, 3 intake,3 exhaust, i even took off my front panel to get better airflow, its been cleaned so dust isnt blocking it or anything, my cpu cooler is a Noctua NH-L9a with the cpu being a ryzen 5 3600. I ran it with a stock cooler and got worse performance, as expected, but i know the cooler is on right, i used grizzly kryonaught thermal paste and i know i put enough. My 1080ti seems to be running at normal temps, and my mobo is usually around 34 degrees C. I really dont know what the issue is it seems like my airflow is good and i feel like that noctua cooler, even being low profile should be able to keep that cpu cool no problem. If you got any thoughts let me know!

15 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

NH-L9A is a small form factor cooler this temps what i would expect from that. 

Just now, Tonytk2 said:

Cpu is designed to run on safely upto the TJMAX so it wont effect its life but you will loose perfomance alot. 

1 hour ago, Tonytk2 said:

with the cpu being a ryzen 5 3600

Zen runs a more aggressive idle voltage for a faster boost curve so it kicks more heat than usual on idle, as long as youre not idling at load temps like 80-90c, its fine.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.