Intel Core i5-13400 now or wait for the i5-13500?

Ah, those moments I could not decide. I need some opinion of the collective.

I have all the components except for one thing.. the CPU. Is it foolish to wait for the 13500? I'm not even sure if the price will stay as it is when it comes out. Or get the 13400 and be happy with it. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things I will not feel the difference and save $10 for a burger.

The 13500 is already out, it's just that stock is pretty poor.

HardwareUnboxed did a video recently on the 13400. It offers comparable performance to a 12600K, but at a higher price. You don't even get UHD 770 graphics with the 13400. Just go with the 12600K, even if you are on a locked motherboard. 

If you really need the extra 4 E-cores as well as UHD 770 graphics, then you should wait, or save up for the 13600K.

1 hour ago, CyberneticTitan said:

The 13500 is already out, it's just that stock is pretty poor.

HardwareUnboxed did a video recently on the 13400. It offers comparable performance to a 12600K, but at a higher price. You don't even get UHD 770 graphics with the 13400. Just go with the 12600K, even if you are on a locked motherboard. 

If you really need the extra 4 E-cores as well as UHD 770 graphics, then you should wait, or save up for the 13600K.

Unfortunately I don't think it is that easy. It will be used as a Blue Iris / office apps rig. The 12600K price seems to have gone up (quick check at NewEgg), more than the 13400. I'm already way overbudget so going with the 13600Kis bit difficult but would consider if nothing changes with the prices. The 13500 would have been the sweet spot at this time.. if only it was in stock.

I appreciate your response, I'm learning more.