Do SanDisk supply their NAND chip to other brand/companies?

ElectronicGuitar

Long story short, I bought a NVME SSD (It's not under the WD umbrella), and I recently found there is no signature or anything on the NAND, but a hand writing 1024

The Flash id read it as SanDisk 96 Layer TLC. Do WD or SanDisk sell their NAND to other brand?

Not sure if I got a recycled NAND?

It could be a WD NAND mis-read as SanDisk, but the blank NAND really bothers me

Thanks in advance

MP33.thumb.jpg.e067758de4fe397fdf4de152b2a1c0a7.jpg

31 minutes ago, ElectronicGuitar said:

Long story short, I bought a NVME SSD (It's not under the WD umbrella), and I recently found there is no signature or anything on the NAND, but a hand writing 1024

The Flash id read it as SanDisk 96 Layer TLC. Do WD or SanDisk sell their NAND to other brand?

Not sure if I got a recycled NAND?

It could be a WD NAND mis-read as SanDisk, but the blank NAND really bothers me

Thanks in advance

If you look online, all sandisk nand chips are lazer etched, this looks like a diy hackjob. What brand is the actuall SSD?

The handwritten is possibly simply an identifier of capacity to avoid any licencsing fees or maybe to avoid conflict of interest between companies due to branding? I have seen on older hardware that is 100% legit .. things like old modems PCi cards etc and a couple have hand witten info. ? It could be a refurbished item but I do not rule out something recycled either.

14 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

If you look online, all sandisk nand chips are lazer etched, this looks like a diy hackjob. What brand is the actuall SSD?

Team Group