4070 TI Adapter cable

Bozzwoliks

Hi

Just finished with my first build in over 15 years and going for an all white theme and just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the power cable for the 4070 Ti in white?

Thanks

20230127_204931.jpg

47 minutes ago, Bozzwoliks said:

Hi

Just finished with my first build in over 15 years and going for an all white theme and just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the power cable for the 4070 Ti in white?

Thanks

20230127_204931.jpg

hi!

(one of my friends build his pc last week and he also has the 4070ti aero and corsair 4000D elite case, and i think you also have a 240mm white corsair aio, so youguys almost have the same pc😅)

but now your question:

my friend has a lian li (sfx) 850W psu, which has a native 12+4 pin connector and all white cables,   NOTE!  THE 24-PIN CABLE IS TOO SHORT, SO YOU NEED AN EXTENDING CABLE!

but you can also get an extension cable for 20 bucks or so.

and btw, my friends 4070ti doesnt work with the included power adapter, does yours just work like that? 

Cable mod may have what you are looking for.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Tell nvidia thats a 4060 and to refund you the difference

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

35 minutes ago, xFluing said:

Tell nvidia thats a 4060 and to refund you the difference

Yet it usually beats the 3090, sometimes coming close to the 3090 Ti in performance (or beating it in pure compute and AI).

Yes its overpriced, but the argument of its model number not making sense is invalid.  It absolutely was wrong to call it at 4080, but 4070 Ti is perfectly valid.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

21 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Yet it usually beats the 3090, sometimes coming close to the 3090 Ti in performance (or beating it in pure compute and AI).

Yes its overpriced, but the argument of its model number not making sense is invalid.  It absolutely was wrong to call it at 4080, but 4070 Ti is perfectly valid.

Nah bro it's the same situation as the 1060 3GB. It was a 1050 ti and i will die on this hill. The 1050 ti they actually gave us would be classified as a 1050 super by today's standards. Looking at the specs it's a 4060 through and through. The AD-104 chip has no place in a x70 class card (this is also an issue with the 1070 and 970 don't get me wrong).

Ever since the first titan came out they shifted the stack so x70 and x80 have become midrange but are still being sold at high end prices.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

47 minutes ago, xFluing said:

Ever since the first titan came out they shifted the stack so x70 and x80 have become midrange but are still being sold at high end prices.

Which ultimately they are free to do, its up to us to assess what were about to buy.  Its not like they've ever been entirely consistent in their naming schemes, neither has AMD, especially as you get to the lower end.

At the end of the day you buy the card which does what you need.  I ended up with a 4070 Ti as I wanted a card for AI upscaling, with Folding at Home on the side, that supported AV1 encoding and used less power than the 3080 it was replacing - while costing less than a 3090 Ti.

I'd not argue that PC gaming is pricing people out of the market, it clearly is, but there's a lot of reasons for that.  NVIDIA have been pumping a ton into R&D to get us raytracing and AI, die shrinks no longer decrease cost the same they used to, and of course the big problem is once they started the price hikes, its hard to go back as their responsibility is not to get as many people to buy cards as possible, its to get the maximum profit for the shareholders.  If that means less people buying more expensive cards, that's what they'll do, its what they HAVE to do or risk being sued by their shareholders.  Its why all businesses are at risk of becoming toxic once they start selling shares as its inherently an unsustainable business model long term when the shareholders want ever increasing profits and the customers don't have ever increasing funds to buy with.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

-snip-

So I should just sit there and take it like the "good consumer puppy" I am, meanwhile having to shell out more and more and more and more and more money each year if I want to get the performance range I want?

Then again, I think I'm too cynical about this as the performance delta between the tiers is still big enough to warrant segmentation. It would also be in their interest to not water down the whole stack so you only get 1% better performance per tier increase. Like even though it's a midrange chip, the performance on x70 cards is still good enough compared to older x70 cards before the titan was introduced.

55 minutes ago, xFluing said:

So I should just sit there and take it like the "good consumer puppy" I am, meanwhile having to shell out more and more and more and more and more money each year if I want to get the performance range I want?

Then again, I think I'm too cynical about this as the performance delta between the tiers is still big enough to warrant segmentation. It would also be in their interest to not water down the whole stack so you only get 1% better performance per tier increase. Like even though it's a midrange chip, the performance on x70 cards is still good enough compared to older x70 cards before the titan was introduced.

Its more that we have no choice, there is no "little guy" to come in and undercut these big corporations (which is how Capitalism was supposed to work to avoid prices going out of control like this) and they all have the same constrains as huge companies with shareholders.  The same reason Intel may never make it in the GPU space, as its costing them so much in R&D and unless it pays off quickly, shareholders get antsy and will force them to shutter the project.  There just way too much greed.

I'm not anti-capitalism, but this is what people refer to as late-stage Capitalism.  Where the businesses have gotten so big, expecting so much profit, that sooner or later they either collapse or price most of us out of the market.