need help with my GPU fan

hoangvietha

Newly bought this new rx 6600 and it great. But the problem is that I can’t control the gpu fan. It can only go 0 rpm and full blast when temp goes above 57 degree. Already tried Msi AB and Radeon software but no luck and both the curve and fan speed slider doesn’t seem to work. Is this a feature or something wrong with my card.

Full specs:

Ryzen 7 1700

16gb ram

Asrock B450m pro f

MSI RX 6600 Mech 2X

500W PSU

Capture.PNG

you might have to use adrenalin to disbale 0 fan first?

So yu tried the fan curve in fans settings area not just the slider, and when trying the slider you clicked on the gear icon nx to it

4 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

you might have to use adrenalin to disbale 0 fan first?

So yu tried the fan curve in fans settings area not just the slider, and when trying the slider you clicked on the gear icon nx to it

sorry for late reply. Already tried that multiple times but still the fan only goes up and down between 57 degrees

The gpu may have a switch on it, on one of the length sides usually, for a default bios and a "OC" bios etc... try switching it to that if it does have one. Afterburner should still be able to control the fans at least though either way. Are you hitting the apply button on AB after you make your changes? Are you saving them to a profile?

13 hours ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

The gpu may have a switch on it, on one of the length sides usually, for a default bios and a "OC" bios etc... try switching it to that if it does have one. Afterburner should still be able to control the fans at least though either way. Are you hitting the apply button on AB after you make your changes? Are you saving them to a profile?

my gpu don’t have any switch at all and i have already hit apply every time i change the setting but still nothing work

Did you check the bios version? 
Could it be that it has some custom mining bios on it or something? 
Where'd you get the card?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

1 hour ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Did you check the bios version? 
Could it be that it has some custom mining bios on it or something? 
Where'd you get the card?

bought it from a local store. Here card infomation

Capture.PNG

On 2/6/2023 at 12:39 PM, hoangvietha said:

bought it from a local store. Here card infomation

Capture.PNG

Try contacting MSI support? Maybe they could help ? 
Maybe your AMD software (where you can also control the fan) is overwritting your MSI Afterburner setup? 

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |