Can't Get Display to Work w/ a New Build

JimmyLeggs

Hello All,

New to forums here, but thought this might be my best chance at resolving this issue.  Been building PC's for friends of mine for nearly two decades now, and have always been able to troubleshoot through any issue that has arisen, but this one has stumped me, and I'm in need of some assistance.

The basics are: I cannot get my friends new PC to display an image on ANY monitor.

Current Build:

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti

AMD Ryzen 5700X (not overclocked)

MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI AM4 AMD X570

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB RT 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

WD Black 4TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM 

Western Digital WD BLACK SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB (windows is installed here)

Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB Performance Internal Solid State Drive SSD PCIe Gen4 X4 NVMe 1.3

CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM850x CP-9020200-NA 850 W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply

Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Gaming PC Computer Case

What Got Me Here:

When I first put the build together, everything posted fine, installed windows, validated the licenses, installed all of the standard gaming software, including the latest drivers for the RTX 3080 Ti.  Everything looked good in the BIOS as far as clock speeds, drives, etc.  Didn't have the time to test a game, but my friend booted up the PC with no issue the following day, played through a game, and then left the PC idle.  Later on that afternoon, he came back to play, booted the game up with no issue, and shut down the PC.  Later on that night he went to reboot his PC, but couldn't get a display (fans running inside the case, keyboard lit up, so it seemed like it was booting).  I had him switch out his current GPU to his older GPU (RTX 2070) and he successfully booted into Windows.  At this point we thought it might be a GPU issue, but the following day, the same thing happened with the RTX 2070.

After doing some research, I realized that I never updated the BIOS on the mobo, or installed the latest drivers for it.  I thought that might be the issue, so I attempted to get it to boot to windows, but could never get the display running.  Tried taking every single HD out, switching out the ram slots, using only one ram stick (tried both separately), tried booting without the GPU, tried HDMI and Display Port, tried a different monitor.  Thinking this may just be a BIOS issue, I wanted to try another MOBO, so I had him get the:

GIGABYTE X570S AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.1) AMD Ryzen 3000 PCIe 4.0

After doing a clean rebuild (new thermal paste, unplugging and replugging everything back in, etc) with the new MOBO, same issue, no display.

Kinda at a loss here... anyone have any insight?

try checking the pins on the back of the cpu, there might be a missing one? everything else seems good

2 hours ago, m37 said:

try checking the pins on the back of the cpu, there might be a missing one? everything else seems good

I took a peek at them before reinstalling the CPU on the new mobo and everything looked fine.  Could it be anything else?