RADEON cards brand

Justsomeonewho
Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,

Each brand have several models per GPU. Usually 3-4 models which indicate tier level of cooler/component they use. 

Enthusiast, high, mid and low.

Sapphire 

Enthusiast = Toxic

High = Nitro

Mid = Pulse

Power Color

Enthusiast = Liquid Devil

High = Red Devil

Mid = Red Dragon/Hellhound

Low = Fighter

ASRock

Enthusiast = Aqua

High = Formula/Taichi

Mid = Phantom

Low = Challenger

Asus

Enthusiast = ROG Strix LC

High = ROG Strix

Mid = TUF

XFX

Enthusiast = Speedster ZERO

High = Speedster MERC/QICK

Mid = Speedster SWFT

MSI

High = Gaming Z/Gaming X

Mid = Mech?

Low = Aero

Gigabyte

Enthusiast = Xtreme Waterforce

High = Master/Elite

Mid = Gaming

Low = Eagle

Generally you want to avoid the low tier model and go for mid tier for best bang/buck. 

Hi, kinda new to the AMD CG gang, i've always been a client of the greens since i had Pc's

I'm planning on taking a RX 6800 XT from XFX to replace my RTX 3070, but I have no knowledge about brands, Sapphire, Red Dragon, XFX ect.
Wich brands should i avoid absolutlely and which are great ? Thanks

Doesn't really matter, just like it doesn't with Nvidia. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

Doesn't really matter, just like it doesn't with Nvidia. 

On NVIDIA sides, ROG is better than Asus which is better than Gigabyte, at least in cooling performance, noice and reliability

so i guess it has to matter a bit

Just now, Justsomeonewho said:

On NVIDIA sides, ROG is better than Asus

ROG IS Asus...

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

As with Nvidia, all the board partners are kind of interchangeable and which card is "best" changes depending on the specific card. Realistically, they all just kinda copy the reference design with some more power stages and put a better cooler on it, so it's rare for one to be too much better than the other (assuming you avoid the reference cards because the coolers on those are generally junk). Just go with the cheapest non-reference 6800 XT and call it a day, performance wise they'll all be pretty similar, only cards where it's not is the 6900xt since AMD released two versions of that card and called them the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

ROG IS Asus...

No, Asus own ROG, but they are different companies

They are NOT different companies... ROG is just a brand of Asus, like Tuf Gaming is just a brand of Asus, like Aorus is a Brand of Gigabyte.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

No, they're not. ROG is just branding that Asus uses on some products. Same as Aorus with Gigabyte.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

ROG IS Asus...

Kinda like Logitech and Logitech Gaming, they're the same group but they're different companies, they sell different items and things, see what i mean ?

9 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

They are NOT different companies... ROG is just a brand of Asus, like Tuf Gaming is just a brand of Asus, like Aorus is a Brand of Gigabyte.

Then why bothering having ROG cards and Asus cards ? Weird

9 hours ago, Middcore said:

No, they're not. ROG is just branding that Asus uses on some products. Same as Aorus with Gigabyte.

Ok

Kinda like Logitech and Logitech Gaming, they're the same group but they're different companies, they sell different items and things, see what i mean ?

Incorrect. They're the same company, just different brand.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Then why bothering having ROG cards and Asus cards ? 

To make people like you think that some of their products are better than others so they'll be willing to pay more for them. 

Just now, Middcore said:

To make people like you think that some of their products are better than others so they'll be willing to pay more for them. 

Smart

Each brand have several models per GPU. Usually 3-4 models which indicate tier level of cooler/component they use. 

Sapphire 

Enthusiast = Toxic

High = Nitro

Mid = Pulse

Power Color

High = Red Devil

Low = Fighter

ASRock

Enthusiast = Aqua

High = Formula/Taichi

Mid = Phantom

Low = Challenger

Asus

High = ROG Strix

Mid = TUF

XFX

Mid = Speedster SWFT

MSI

High = Gaming Z/Gaming X

Mid = Mech?

Low = Aero

Gigabyte

High = Master/Elite

Mid = Gaming

Low = Eagle

Generally you want to avoid the low tier model and go for mid tier for best bang/buck. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 2/4/2023 at 5:55 AM, xAcid9 said:

Sapphire 

Enthusiast = Toxic

High = Nitro

Mid = Pulse

Power Color

High = Red Devil

Low = Fighter

ASRock

Enthusiast = Aqua

High = Formula/Taichi

Mid = Phantom

Low = Challenger

Asus

High = ROG Strix

Mid = TUF

XFX

Mid = Speedster SWFT

MSI

High = Gaming Z/Gaming X

Mid = Mech?

Low = Aero

Gigabyte

High = Master/Elite

Mid = Gaming

Low = Eagle

Is XFX known for coil whine ? Cuz that's what i'm being told