Can i add a gtx 1070 on ryzen 3 3200g apu?

Baetu Darius
Go to solution Solved by Alinz,
1 hour ago, Baetu Darius said:

alright so the mobo knows to change from apu to gpu

Yes and no, the gpu will be the display out. The IGPU is still "active". You can disable the IGPU in the device manager. Just go to display adapters, there should be 2 options there. Select the IGPU and disable it. It doesnt really harm performance if left enabled tho

EDIT: I forgot to mention that your GPU will function as intented whether you disable your IGPU or leave it enabled

Hi so as the title says will i be able to add a discrete gpu in the ryzen apu i have a b450m h mobo from gigabyte 

Sure as long as your PSU is sufficient.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Sure as long as your PSU is sufficient.

yeah it’s a 650 watt one and will the system change to the 1070 or i need a bios update i’m bad at bios settings 

33 minutes ago, Baetu Darius said:

yeah it’s a 650 watt one and will the system change to the 1070 or i need a bios update i’m bad at bios settings 

As long as its not a terrible PSU, all you need to do is plug it in connect the power connector then plug your monitor to it. No BIOS changes are necessary.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just plop in the card into the top PCIe slot, download Geforce now from the Nvidia website and download the driver.

Make sure to plug your display cable into the GPU and not the motherboard by the way.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

17 minutes ago, Levent said:

As long as its not a terrible PSU, all you need to do is plug it in connect the power connector then plug your monitor to it. No BIOS changes are necessary.

its decent ive seen many reviews here in romania about it

14 minutes ago, Alinz said:

Just plop in the card into the top PCIe slot, download Geforce now from the Nvidia website and download the driver.

Make sure to plug your display cable into the GPU and not the monitor by the way.

9 minutes ago, Baetu Darius said:

Yeah as long as you plug your display to the GTX1070, it should be just fine.

1 hour ago, Baetu Darius said:

Yes and no, the gpu will be the display out. The IGPU is still "active". You can disable the IGPU in the device manager. Just go to display adapters, there should be 2 options there. Select the IGPU and disable it. It doesnt really harm performance if left enabled tho

EDIT: I forgot to mention that your GPU will function as intented whether you disable your IGPU or leave it enabled

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

yes, it'll work but it'll also probably be a hard-core CPU bottleneck,  i had a 2200G+1060 and that was bottlenecking hard in some (almost all) games.

1070 is like twice as fast? Oof.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

yes, it'll work but it'll also probably be a hard-core CPU bottleneck,  i had a 2200G+1060 and that was bottlenecking hard in some (almost all) games.

1070 is like twice as fast? Oof.

i also have a old ryzen 3 1300x lying around i think this cpu is even worse 

6 minutes ago, Baetu Darius said:

i also have a old ryzen 3 1300x lying around i think this cpu is even worse 

The 3200G is faster than a 1300X, yes.

If you get the money in the future, a great upgrade for pairing with your 1070 would be a Ryzen 5 5600. As long as you can update to a BIOS that supports it.

8 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

The 3200G is faster than a 1300X, yes.

If you get the money in the future, a great upgrade for pairing with your 1070 would be a Ryzen 5 5600. As long as you can update to a BIOS that supports it.

great idea and i also found a good deal for a rx 5500 xt cheaper then the 1070 but idk about the pcie 4.0 that the gpu has 

6 hours ago, Baetu Darius said:

great idea and i also found a good deal for a rx 5500 xt cheaper then the 1070 but idk about the pcie 4.0 that the gpu has 

The 1070 is actually faster than the 5500XT. The 5500XT is only a bit faster than the 1060.

4 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

The 1070 is actually faster than the 5500XT. The 5500XT is only a bit faster than the 1060.

oh nicee i want to ask something does my b450m h mobo support 3200mhz ram or only to 3000

6 hours ago, Baetu Darius said:

oh nicee i want to ask something does my b450m h mobo support 3200mhz ram or only to 3000

The motherboard should be able to handle 3200 memory, but I don't think it would really be worth an upgrade in RAM with a 5600. The 5600 only has a single CCX, so there's no Infinity Fabric that depends on memory speed to send data between the CPU cores. So you'd only see a minimal improvement in performance by going from 3000 to 3200 speeds.

If you want to try overclocking your current memory kit, that'd be fine. My DDR4-3000 kit can actually run fine at 3333 speed. You can just change the setting in the BIOS overclocking menu and run some stability tests like OCCT's memory test and Prime 95 to see if the kit can handle it. But even if you're limited to 3000 speeds, you won't be losing out on more than a few percent in performance.

23 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

The motherboard should be able to handle 3200 memory, but I don't think it would really be worth an upgrade in RAM with a 5600. The 5600 only has a single CCX, so there's no Infinity Fabric that depends on memory speed to send data between the CPU cores. So you'd only see a minimal improvement in performance by going from 3000 to 3200 speeds.

If you want to try overclocking your current memory kit, that'd be fine. My DDR4-3000 kit can actually run fine at 3333 speed. You can just change the setting in the BIOS overclocking menu and run some stability tests like OCCT's memory test and Prime 95 to see if the kit can handle it. But even if you're limited to 3000 speeds, you won't be losing out on more than a few percent in performance.

i will try to sell my 2 cpu-us for a 2nd ryzen 5 2600 will it be a good buy?

5 hours ago, Baetu Darius said:

i will try to sell my 2 cpu-us for a 2nd ryzen 5 2600 will it be a good buy?

not really, a 3600 or 5600 would be much better, especially for a 1070. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 2/3/2023 at 9:51 AM, Baetu Darius said:

its decent ive seen many reviews here in romania about it

We've heard that many times before and at the end it as crap. What's the brand and model of the unit?

14 hours ago, --SID-- said:

We've heard that many times before and at the end it as crap. What's the brand and model of the unit?

Aerocool VX PLUS 650, 650W