USB Blu Ray to Onn Roku tv issues

user ERR
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,
38 minutes ago, user ERR said:

I am wondering if there is any way to get a splitter so that there can be an HDMI out and use the USB for power

That "splitter" is called a computer... connect the TV to the PC with HDMI.

I'm having trouble connecting my USB Blu Ray player to my Roku tv. The Blu Ray player is a Pioneer BDR-XD07B slim external drive that uses a USB micro b to USB 3.0 cable (micro b connects to the drive and the 3.0 connects to the computer etc.) the tv in question is an Onn Roku tv. As far as I can tell the TV's USB port does not support DVD players like this. I have also tried streaming the DVDs through my computer via both chrome cast And Microsoft's screen projecting settings, both having significant problems. With chrome cast it will not stream the DVD player app regardless of if it takes up the full screen of the casted display (both full screen and windowed) and no audio. With windows projection it does project the screen but the picture quality is worse than trying to stream a video to an 05 Motorola phone and also has no audio despite windows recognizing the tv as an audio device and I can not select the tv as the audio device.

I am wondering if there is any way to get a splitter so that there can be an HDMI out and use the USB for power, the player does have a DC 5V power in port although I don't know if I have the cable for it. Another option is I could possibly rip the movies and put them on a USB drive, I have read that (other models, I have not found any help specifically for Onn brand) Roku TVs are capable of playing media off USB drives

Unfortunately, there is not a video signal like HDMI coming through that USB cable. It only sends data that a computer can interpret.

There's no HDMI signal in that USB cable that can be split out with any splitter.

The Roku's ability to play media from USB is for files on a mass storage device like an external HDD or USB memory stick.

38 minutes ago, user ERR said:

I am wondering if there is any way to get a splitter so that there can be an HDMI out and use the USB for power

That "splitter" is called a computer... connect the TV to the PC with HDMI.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2